DS-2CD2032-I and external ip problem

metzeric

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a DS-2CD2032-I and i want to stream to my website everything was fine until last week when i installed a new cable modem and now the cam will not connect to my new external ip address

any help would greatly be appreciated as i am stuck

thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
how are you streaming to the website? what do you mean its not connecting to the new external ip address? what model modem did they give you? Is it a modem router combo?

metzeric

n3wb
Reaction score
i am using netcam studio it provides you html code to add to my webpage and you just add in your external ip with the fowarded port number and everyon should be able to view it is a ubee modem not a combo

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So you run the software on your local machine? If so why does it need the external ip address?
Have you tested to see if the camera will stream to another device that is external like a cell phone (not connected to your wifi)?

metzeric

n3wb
Reaction score
without putting in the external ip i am the only one that can view it yes i have tried my phone and had others try to view with no luck

MacSto

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree with fenderman, it's highly likely that when you got a new cable modem from your cable company, you were also assigned a new Public IP address. Furthermore, if your cable modem also acts as your router, you will need to login and reconfigure the port forwarding.

metzeric

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree with fenderman, it's highly likely that when you got a new cable modem from your cable company, you were also assigned a new Public IP address. Furthermore, if your cable modem also acts as your router, you will need to login and reconfigure the port forwarding.
i am still using the router i have always had when the modem was changed i did receive a new external ip address but ever since the switch i can not connect to my internal server

MacSto

n3wb
Reaction score
i am still using the router i have always had when the modem was changed i did receive a new external ip address but ever since the switch i can not connect to my internal server
I am assuming you are trying with the new public IP address, right? :p

When you setup your camera, did you assign a static IP to it inside your network to ensure that it would not be assigned a different local IP due to DHCP changes?

The issue based on your explanation seems simple enough, if you still can't get it working I would be happy to take a look remotely via Teamviewer. You can always send me a PM if interested.

Good luck!