DS-2CD2032-I bricked (built in firewall blocked)

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just bricked DS-2CD2032-I. Wanted to use built-in firewall and I've set IP to deny all.
I Have access to camera via SADP, and I can change IP, I can change password, but how to disable firewall or reset device to factory defaults? Camera doesnt answer on my pings, but is operating (it sends emails)

I have no straight physical access to device (it is mounted on the roof). Device is in my LAN. Could you help me? Is there a possibility to reset camera via network?

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Got there is reset button, but my acces to device is limited. I have to buy long ladder(to rich it at 7 meters roof), and climb the ladder and find another person to disconnect power in another place

Red_Wolf_2

n3wb
Reaction score
Slightly crazy option, but maybe try connecting via IPv6 to SSH. The firewalls for IPv4 and IPv6 are separate, so you might not be locked out on IPv6.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you believe the camera is configured as a world region device (doesn't have CCCH in the serial number) and isn't running 'hacked to English' firmware (ie what's showing in the web GUI is the same as what was printed on the label) then as @Enabler indicates, a tftp update will clear the configuration back to defaults.
Or brick it. Which is usually recoverable.

*edit* Oh, and by the way, should have said, the tftp update is done by the bootloader, where there are no firewall rules active.

Last edited by a moderator:

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
chinese camera :)
tried do scan ports and all are closed. I dont know, what ipv6 has the camera

Red_Wolf_2

n3wb
Reaction score
Usually on bootup the camera will initialize IPv6 and start sending Neighbor Advertisement requests on broadcast across the local network. Good thing about this is you can see them in Wireshark, and from there you can try SSH or telnet to get into the device. Instead of putting in the IP, put in the IPv6 address, which is something like fe80::c26f:90ff:fe45:d7e1 (this is actually built from the mac address of the unit).

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had to reset it onsite (power off, press button for 10 sec, power on)