ds- 2cd2032- i ch keep rebooting every 5-10 minute

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well if you got good after-sales support from the seller where there was actually a real problem with what they were selling but claims not to know of it - recommend and name would be helpful to others in the community.
I disagree with you that if you order what you believe is a genuine product and it's not right then it's your own fault. You must request that the seller deals with the problem.

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I never saw a correct customer support from China.
Here most of the sellers are box sellers, that"s it. They only buy boxes, unpack boxes and pack boxes for shipment and make some small benefits.
So useless most of the time....

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's my sad tale of rebooting redux...

I purchased by first four Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras from Costco (rebranded Swann units) for $350.00 a pair. But it wasn't long 'till the AliExpress siren sang her sorry song to me and it went like this: at $90.00 each, the AliExpress units were essentially 2-for-one when compared to the Costco units.

So I was seduced and I ordered one DS-2CD2032-I unit from AliExpress as a test. It worked fine! So I ordered another two more units from the same AliExpress seller; again no problema! So I ordered four units from the same seller and, once again, they functioned like champs!

Thusly -- having NO FEAR -- I ventured forth unto the hinterlands of China and ordered three Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I cameras from the same AliExpress seller; opps! Big problems this time. After initial configuration each of these 3 cameras seemed to be caught in an endless reboot loop, where each camera would be fine for 4 or 5 minutes and then there would be unreachable...then each camera would come back online and seem to function perfectly...but only for 4 or 5 minutes...and then they rebooted yet again.

Each of these cameras arrived out of the box with firmware 5.2.8 (build 141201) installed and (although the serial numbers indicated that these were Chinese market cams) each camera allowed selection of English (along with many other languages) at the login screen.

Henceforth consigned to a seemingly Sisyphean task by the Camera Gods I spent A LOT OF TIME trying to resolve these random reboots, yet despite many hours of labor I failed to make any progress. I GAVE UP. I had had it. Done. Finito. Kaput. Dejected and forlorn I ultimately chose to pay CBX to install 5.2.5 firmware on each camera. I could have done it myself but I was sick of looking at those f#$%kin' cameras and I didn't want to take a chance that I might screw up one of the units...I didn't want to hassle with the seller...I just WANTED IT TO BE DONE AND OVER. CBX logged on with Teamviewer and used PUTTY and TFTP utilities to install 5.2.5 over 5.2.8.

As a result, installing 5.2.5 over 5.2.8 did the trick and I now have 3 fully functional DS-2CD2332-I cameras. But despite purchasing and receiving 7 fully functioning cameras from the same seller on AliExpress the last 3 were probably rendered defective by a bad firmware hack.

I did end up filing a dispute and the vendor's rebuttal stated "I don't know your usage is correct!" As a result of this comment I'm wondering if...maybe...I lost my ability to configure Hikvision cameras which I had honed so well while configuring THE FIRST SEVEN CAMERAS I BOUGHT FROM THIS SAME VENDOR.

Last edited by a moderator:

England

n3wb
Reaction score
You can Telnet into the camera and replace a file to make it English (although the day of the week, if you choose to display that, will still be in Chinese)
I followed this guide:

however at the first Start in the Browser everytime the default language is china.

:(:(:(

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

England

n3wb
Reaction score

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeeeees man! :D it works!!! Thank you a lot!!! But if I would to have the Italian default language, I modify the file in "IT-IEfile.tar"???
Not exactly sure what you would need to do to default in Italian. If I'm not mistaken, I believe you would have to decompress the IEfile.tar file and go into the /doc/script/ directory and somehow modify the javascript file "login.js"....but I don't know exactly what would be changed (and not positive that this is even where the change would be; just sounds familiar)...Perhaps Networkcameracritic could advise exactly what to do and how to do it.

England

n3wb
Reaction score
I would to have the default language at login in Italian language! You understand?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to know which vendor is sending out these cameras with the crap firmware.
/Name & shame
I bought my three (3) DS-2CD2332-I cameras from the following AliExpress vendor. All three cameras arrived out-of-the-box auto rebooting every 5 minutes...

• "CSST wholesale market" China (chenchen yang) (Mainland)

Last edited by a moderator:

England

n3wb
Reaction score
I would to have the default language at login in Italian language! You understand?

I HAVE THE SOLUTIONS TO CHANGE AND CHOICE YOUR DEFAULT LANGUAGE AT FIRST LOGIN!

You have modify the 2 .js code, specifically the file "login.js" and the file "translator.js" in the folder docs/script.

The changes are circled in red and this is the modify that you have to make on the login.js script:

And this is the modify on the translator.js script:

My language is Italian than I have to set "it" for the Italian language, if you have Russian languages I think it is "ru" and so on.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've bought 5 Hikvision cameras (and an NVR) so far from CSST wholesale market - and all have been absolutely fine.
The latest, a DS-2CD3332-I arrived yesterday, with an apparent 5.2.0 firmware version, and is working OK.
Have you messaged Chenchen, and did you get a response? Or raised a dispute.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've bought 5 Hikvision cameras (and an NVR) so far from CSST wholesale market - and all have been absolutely fine.
The latest, a DS-2CD3332-I arrived yesterday, with an apparent 5.2.0 firmware version, and is working OK.
Have you messaged Chenchen, and did you get a response? Or raised a dispute.
I had previously purchased seven (7) Hikvision cameras from CSST wholesale market and all were perfect. However, the 8th, 9th and 10th cameras came with the reboot issue. I did file a dispute and the vendor's rebuttal stated "I don't know your usage is correct!."

He also said that no one else had reported this issue.

Right.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I order quite a few cameras from a couple of vendors on aliexpress, they all came with rebooting issue, sent a message to them, and a few days later they sent me new 5.2.5 firmware to TFTP to them, all working ok. Normally raising a dispute first before trying to communicate with them to resolve the issue won't help matters.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I order quite a few cameras from a couple of vendors on aliexpress, they all came with rebooting issue, sent a message to them, and a few days later they sent me new 5.2.5 firmware to TFTP to them, all working ok.
I assume they came with 5.28 installed?
Can we get a copy of your working 5.25 to examine?

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The label was 5.2.8. But I presume it was a non working 5.2.0, constant rebooting etc. I had to send serials to them and then they sent the new firmware.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I order quite a few cameras from a couple of vendors on aliexpress, they all came with rebooting issue, sent a message to them, and a few days later they sent me new 5.2.5 firmware to TFTP to them, all working ok. Normally raising a dispute first before trying to communicate with them to resolve the issue won't help matters.
I had already resolved the issue. He shipped a defective product, and he probably knew it when he shipped it. I filed a dispute not to seek reimbursement or resolution, but simply to give him a hard time.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This isn't helping me want to buy from aliexpress I'll stick with us vendors, at least one of them is within driving distance. Haha

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is the same seller who sold me DS-2cd2132-I 3mp with the reboot problem.