DS-2CD2032-I - video skip/lag

Reaction score
I had my camera up for a a couple weeks already and today I notice that the video quality was horrible and frame rate drop.

I had it set for 1080p at 20 fps

however when I got home I notice that somehow it changed to 720p and set to 15 fps.

I set it back to 1080p at 20fps but the camera was still lagging and dropping frames in live view.

I did a reboot from the webgui and everything is back to normal now.

has anyone had this issue with their hikvision?

my cam model # is DS-2CD2032-I

the firmware is V5.2.5 build 141201
this is a chinese model hack to english (wish I would have checked this out before purchasing but oh well)
has anyone else experience this issues? do you reboot your cameras once a week or month?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No once in 6 months and still bang on,
what is the camera connect too? NVR, PC or Nothing?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the video streaming over a questionable network connection at any point? E.g. WiFi or powerline networking or even normal network cable if it is run near high voltage AC power wires. Any of those things could cause packet loss, though that would not explain the settings reset. I hear that NVRs sometimes change a camera's streaming settings.

Reaction score
no nvr just my qnap nas. qnap isn't using any quality settings it uses what the camera is configured to.

camera is also directly connected cat5e to tplink poe switch at 100mbps

this was my only first issue since i installed one. i'm getting another soon and i hope this doesn't happen again.