DS-2CD2032-I with a DS-7716NI-SP

muctur

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I (stupidly) upgraded the firmware on my DS-2CD2032-I to 5.3.0. Now the DS-7716NI-SP won't connect to it. All the other cameras are on 5.1.0 and work except this one.
The camera still "functions", as in the nightvision turns on at night, but I cannot connect to it through the NVR.

I've heard about people connecting to the camera directly and downgrading the firmware or changing the IP address. I have the camera is connected directly to the NVR (for PoE reasons).

Is there any way to connect to the camera through the NVR?
I tried connecting to the camera with manual settings at the default information (192.0.0.64, username admin, password 12345), but it doesn't see it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If your NVR is within Ethernet cable reach of your PC or laptop, a suggestion to try:
Wire the PC into one of the PoE ports of the NVR.
Set the PC IP address to 192.168.254.100
Start SADP and find the missing camera.
Set the camera IP address to the IP address that was set on the NVR port the camera is connected to.
Access the camera web GUI at that IP address using the browser, check the camera is working normally.
If you did the update via the web GUI, the password should still be the same. The new default is 123456789abc, and with later firmware there is a need to 'activate' with a strong password before normal operation.
You should be able to log on to the NVR web GUI with the browser at the IP address 192.168.254.1
Check if the camera shows in Live View.

If not, access the camera configuration for the channel the camera was on, modify the channel to 'Manual', set the IP address to that of the camera, protocol=Hikvision, username and password as used on the camera.
Click OK and check Live View.

If that all works, your PC IP address can be set back to normal, and it can be plugged back into the LAN.