DS-2CD2032 vs IPC-HFW4431R-Z (night without IR)

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need to replace one DS-2CD2032

I have good lighting and I have very good result at night with the DS-2CD2032 (I never use the IR at night).

After reading many tread my choice will be the IPC-HFW4431R-Z because the varifocal will be a plus for fine tuning my vue.

Can expect to have the same result with the IPC-HFW4431R-Z ?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to replace one DS-2CD2032

I have good lighting and I have very good result at night with the DS-2CD2032 (I never use the IR at night).

After reading many tread my choice will be the IPC-HFW4431R-Z because the varifocal will be a plus for fine tuning my vue.

Can expect to have the same result with the IPC-HFW4431R-Z ?

Thanks
fyi..That is a china region dahua..

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its sold for china region, the seller hacked the firmware..if you upgrade it will revert to chinese..
Thanks again @fenderman…

In 10 years I never updated any firmware cameras… So I think it’s a good deal for my need.

What do you think about my original question ?

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A dahau starlight will work better at night if you can stretch you budget for a IPC-HDW5231R-Z

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you hate on these cameras so much? Just a question i'm not trying to be hostile or something. For someone on a tight budget, its a good picture and does what it needs to do.
because for a few dollars more you can get an international camera...that is firmware upgradable
the picture is not good in low light unless you add lots off additional lighting...tight budget=cheap...that is exactly the type of useless image you will get when you need it most...we call that Murphy's law..

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
because for a few dollars more you can get an international camera...that is firmware upgradable
the picture is not good in low light unless you add lots off additional lighting...tight budget=cheap...that is exactly the type of useless image you will get when you need it most...we call that Murphy's law..
Little off topic, but how can you tell if a camera is international or is Chinese with English firmware?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Little off topic, but how can you tell if a camera is international or is Chinese with English firmware?
Look for it on the dahua website...you will find that this model is only listed if you select china...the reputable sellers will also tell you not to update firmware..