DS-2CD2032F-I - doesn't work (not detected) LED lights ON

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

After one year after I installed DS-2CD2032F-I camera it stopped working anymore. The camera isn't detected at all, SADP Tool either. I was powering it with PoE, I tried 12v power plug but without luck. The think is that when I power on the camera the LED lights do light, but all the time, doesn't matter day or night. I've tested the camera on different LAN without changes. What could be the problem? Can it be fixed somehow? Thank you.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tired a factory reset via the little button on the back? Hold the reset button for about 20sec while powering it up. Chances are the camera's died though :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A suggestion to see if there is any glimmer of life, in the bootloader if nothing else :
Change the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
At a command prompt, use
ping -t 192.0.0.64
Power cycle the camera.
Normal would be 2 or 3 responses a couple of seconds after power on, with no repeats.
Nothing at all - not much hope. Sell on eBay for spares.

Does the LAN light on the switch/router come on?

outlawzz

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue on two cameras.. The LED's stay on at power up and when I run Hiks TFP it goes thru the whole process, it gives the success prompt, I close out Tftp and it ends up with the same outcome. Camera never boots up, LED's stay on. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

outlawzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to mention that these are original factory firmware, no hacks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue on two cameras.. The LED's stay on at power up and when I run Hiks TFP it goes thru the whole process, it gives the success prompt, I close out Tftp and it ends up with the same outcome. Camera never boots up, LED's stay on. Any ideas?
What model of cameras / what was the original firmware version / what was the firmware you tried via tftp (URL for the source) / why tftp and not the web GUI update? / What does SADP show now?

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried to ping 192.0.0.64 from 192.0.0.128 no reply whatsoever. This could be the end? Nothing to try anymore, can send it to a repair service.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried to ping 192.0.0.64 from 192.0.0.128 no reply whatsoever.
That does sound like it will be terminal.
Accessing the serial console would be a confirmation, or not, if you think it's worth the effort. Easy enough to do, with a PL2303HX TTL to serial USB convertor, and the 4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH connector.

outlawzz

n3wb
Reaction score
What model of cameras / what was the original firmware version / what was the firmware you tried via tftp (URL for the source) / why tftp and not the web GUI update? / What does SADP show now?
Sorry for the delay... OK.. Both cams (2CD-2142FWD) originally had v4.1 of the firmware and while trying to upgrade them to 4.5 they stopped responding after Batch tool said upgrade was completed. Firmware was downloaded from tech.hikvisionusa.com SADP tool never shows camera.. I can ping it at 192.0.0.64. Again the IR leds stay lit during this whole process..

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you can ping it then you can most probably TFTP it.

DS-2CD2142FWD-I if you have WR versions (check the serial) you can download the firmware from Hikvision Europe website.

Btw. v4.1 was never a firmware for that. It started at 5.3.3, so I guess you mean 5.4.1

I have 5.3.3 and 5.3.6 on all of my 4MP cameras - why? Because I like to use multiple line crossing. They are connected directly to my NVR so isolated, I will never update them unless I really have to.

outlawzz

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can ping it then you can most probably TFTP it.

DS-2CD2142FWD-I if you have WR versions (check the serial) you can download the firmware from Hikvision Europe website.

Btw. v4.1 was never a firmware for that. It started at 5.3.3, so I guess you mean 5.4.1

I have 5.3.3 and 5.3.6 on all of my 4MP cameras - why? Because I like to use multiple line crossing. They are connected directly to my NVR so isolated, I will never update them unless I really have to.
Thanks Del Boy, yeah I missed the 5 at the beginning.. Sorry, Just frustrated with this stuff. I'll give that a shot. Too clear up.. I can ping it while it's TFTPing with that address. Depending on the firmware it either completes or hangs. I can only get one to stick to where SADP detects it and that's 5.4.0, let me confirm tomorrow, but when you try to log in to that default IP it gives me a "refused to connect"

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Del Boy, yeah I missed the 5 at the beginning.. Sorry, Just frustrated with this stuff. I'll give that a shot. Too clear up.. I can ping it while it's TFTPing with that address. Depending on the firmware it either completes or hangs. I can only get one to stick to where SADP detects it and that's 5.4.0, let me confirm tomorrow, but when you try to log in to that default IP it gives me a "refused to connect"

Have you set YOUR ip address to static 192.0.0.128 ? And turned off all other connections (wifi etc). This is probably why you can't get the firmware on. If you get 5.4.0 on then confirm the letters part of the serial number here and I will try help you with another firmware.

Btw - I share your frustrating. I'm never getting anything Hikvision ever again, I've moved to Dahua for now. But I'm helping those who were in the same boat I was in before.

outlawzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you set YOUR ip address to static 192.0.0.128 ? And turned off all other connections (wifi etc). This is probably why you can't get the firmware on. If you get 5.4.0 on then confirm the letters part of the serial number here and I will try help you with another firmware.

Btw - I share your frustrating. I'm never getting anything Hikvision ever again, I've moved to Dahua for now. But I'm helping those who were in the same boat I was in before.
You the man brother thank you for trying to assist. I'll load it up and report back the serial# thanks!