DS-2CD2032F-I IPC doesn't allow me to change IP address.

pege

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First of all, Please be generous my poor English.
I use a DS-2CD2032F-I IPC and I've updated the IPC of firmware from 5.3.0_150513 to 5.4.41_170312 yesterday.

After updating The IPC stops working. (=No signal, No IP on SADP but IR LEDs are on)
so I installed the older firmware using TFTP to solve this problem.

and then The IPC appears on SADP. but I can't modify any network parameters. (IP, Port et cetra)
(for example, When I modify IP address from 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.0.100, SADP shows "time out" message.

I just want to use IPC again. But I don't know what I should do.
Please give me some help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so I installed the older firmware using TFTP to solve this problem.
That should not be possible as the 5.4.40 and higher has a 'downgrade block'.
and then The IPC appears on SADP. but I can't modify any network parameters. (IP, Port et cetra)
Does SADP show the status as 'Active' or Inactive' ?
If Inactive, you need to Activate the camera using SADP first, before being able to change the IP address.

*edit* Also - what does SADP show for the firmware version? Is it 4.0.8 ?

pege

n3wb
Reaction score
That should not be possible as the 5.4.40 and higher has a 'downgrade block'.

Does SADP show the status as 'Active' or Inactive' ?
If Inactive, you need to Activate the camera using SADP first, before being able to change the IP address.

*edit* Also - what does SADP show for the firmware version? Is it 4.0.8 ?
alastairstevenson, Thank you. I'm very grateful to you.
SADP shows Active and The firmware version is, yes, V4.0.8build 150401. but SADP does not show DSP Version of the IPC(=DS-2CD2032F-I) whereas DSP version of other devices are shown.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The firmware version is, yes, V4.0.8build 150401.
That's an indication that the camera is in the 'min-system recovery mode' due to installing incompatible firmware.
In other words, it's bricked, due to the 'downgrade block' as 5.4.41 was attempted and failed.
Presumably a China region camera - does it have CCCH in the serial number, shown in SADP?
This would cause such a failure when 5.4.41 is applied.

You can recover it, change it to EN/ML, fully update, with this method :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

pege

n3wb
Reaction score
That's an indication that the camera is in the 'min-system recovery mode' due to installing incompatible firmware.
In other words, it's bricked, due to the 'downgrade block' as 5.4.41 was attempted and failed.
Presumably a China region camera - does it have CCCH in the serial number, shown in SADP?
This would cause such a failure when 5.4.41 is applied.

You can recover it, change it to EN/ML, fully update, with this method :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.
Wow. You are like the god. I'm really suprised your knowledge and kindness.
I can't see CCHH or CH in the serial number of the IPC.
I'm going to try the method in the link you gave me now.
I love Scotland and you!

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Got to love that feeling of omg it’s ruined to hell yeh it working again and that little sense of relief I’m not touching that again ;) Alastair is a legend for his work on these little hiccups with firmware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Got to love that feeling of omg it’s ruined to hell yeh it working again
I can certainly relate to that! Broken a few things and fixed them up again, all good fun.
But I really wish I could find more 'spares and repairs' item online, the few that I've found and bought have been too easy.
I just sold a couple of cameras on eBay tonight - a Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 (lost password) and an IMX322 motorised varifocal that I'd taken out of service when I bought a bricked Dahua IPC-HDB4431C-AS, fixed it and liked what it did. It was interesting to see how DH do things compared with Hikvision.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I will keep an eye out for spares and repairs for you
With both platforms hik and dahua
Word got out that i am building ammo can boom boxes and airbrushing nurf guns
I have a back log for the grand kids on there nurf guns and the older kids on there boom boxes
And my little project is on the back stove atm I want the build a rig to test those ptz side by side 2mp 3mp 4mp summer will be here soon

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Word got out that i am building ammo can boom boxes and airbrushing nurf guns
I have a back log for the grand kids on there nurf guns and the older kids on there boom box
So you've got a full order book then?
We're suckers for anything to do with grand-kids.

summer will be here soon
I'm not sure if we've had ours yet - it's hard to tell.
I spent much of Thursday in a howling (but dry) gale putting up fencing round the local leisure centre running track in preparation for the annual Road Running Festival.
And I spent much of today in the pi$$ing rain fixing up the damage the wind did, putting up signage, putting out road cones and all the many things that make these events work. And processing the entries, record numbers yet again.
And tomorrow the weather is going to be OK - for the runners - and a bit of a madhouse behind the scenes.
But it will be good - a great family day out, many hundreds of runners, young and old, from the seriously competitive to the struggling.
Time I had some sleep - an early start tomorrow. Again.