DS-2CD2032F-I Reset ??

cdtek101

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I
Was all good logging in on web browser on new static ip and could view in blue iris...
except I noticed I had Http port on 80 and Port on 8111
I tried swapping and It kept saying port conflict when I tried change around.

In Hikvision web browser log in screen I reset cam to factory defaults, changed the ports to Http 8111 and Port 8000.
Then poof no longer can log in via web browser.
Can no longer change anything in SADPTool, keeps saying timeout
when trying to change things.

How do I do a hard reset on this bullet cam ?
The Manual only says use browser login way, and I can't access it on browser anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I
Was all good logging in on web browser on new static ip and could view in blue iris...
except I noticed I had Http port on 80 and Port on 8111
I tried swapping and It kept saying port conflict when I tried change around.

In Hikvision web browser log in screen I reset cam to factory defaults, changed the ports to
Http 8111 and Port 8000. Then poof no longer can log in via web browser.

How do I do a hard reset on this bullet cam ?
The Manual only says use browser login way, and I can't access it on browser anymore.
Disconnect power hold reset button, apply power while holding button..hold for 15-30 seconds..
There is no reason to change ports on the camera...just leave them default.

cdtek101

n3wb
Reaction score
Disconnect power hold reset button, apply power while holding button..hold for 15-30 seconds..
There is no reason to change ports on the camera...just leave them default.
Ok I found the reset button under a plate I had to remove, got it back to factory default..Thank you

But when you say don't change ports to leave default....In all my foscams i have changed the http port from 80 to 81xx ..to get away from port 80, always heard not good to leave on port 80....confuzzed now.?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I found the reset button under a plate I had to remove, got it back to factory default..Thank you

But when you say don't change ports to leave default....In all my foscams i have changed the http port from 80 to 81xx ..to get away from port 80, always heard not good to leave on port 80....confuzzed now.?
You dont need to do that. You were misinformed. You are using blue iris, if you are port forwarding, then ONLY the blue iris server port needs to be forwarded. The cameras should never be directly exposed to the internet. Only the blue iris server. Changing the port is then pointless and doesnt provide any benefit. Furthermore, even if you wanted a different external port, on any half decent router you can route any external port to internal port 80 on any cam.

cdtek101

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont need to do that. You were misinformed. You are using blue iris, if you are port forwarding, then ONLY the blue iris server port needs to be forwarded. The cameras should never be directly exposed to the internet. Only the blue iris server. Changing the port is then pointless and doesnt provide any benefit. Furthermore, even if you wanted a different external port, on any half decent router you can route any external port to internal port 80 on any cam.
Got it Thank you very much....
Las Vegas Bill is out....Lol