DS-2CD2132 questions

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I find the 2CD2132 listed as 2132F-l and 2132-l. What does the "F" signify?

Also, these cameras are listed as weatherproof. I've been told dome cameras are not best to use outdoors due to fogging, as well as the possibility that moisture can get into the dome. Is this dome really feasible to use outdoors, especially if used on a covered porch or under a soffit?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I find the 2CD2132 listed as 2132F-l and 2132-l. What does the "F" signify?

Also, these cameras are listed as weatherproof. I've been told dome cameras are not best to use outdoors due to fogging, as well as the possibility that moisture can get into the dome. Is this dome really feasible to use outdoors, especially if used on a covered porch or under a soffit?
F signifies SD card and three axis rotation...water will not get inside the camera...the "fog" is caused by improper mounting and or installation that results in IR reflection.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
F signifies SD card and three axis rotation...water will not get inside the camera...the "fog" is caused by improper mounting and or installation that results in IR reflection.
Yep...that is precisely what happened to me and moving to the Hikvision turret solved that problem for me.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep...that is precisely what happened to me and moving to the Hikvision turret solved that problem for me.
Did you have trouble with fog or IR reflection??

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the reported "fog" is not moisture related, it's IR related?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you have trouble with fog or IR reflection??
My issue looked exactly like moisture...and like condensation...but the issue was caused by IR reflection...it was not caused by moisture or condensation.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm currently using some Geovision domes that have that exact same look. Since they are inside the house in inconspicuous places I removed the covers and they work fine. They don't have the foam ring but bet I could fabricate one some way, or just operate them with the covers off. Think I'll stay with bullets outside, might even try one of the turrets.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Turrets are superior to bullets in every way.. Get the new 2mp or 4mp units..

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turrets are superior to bullets in every way.. Get the new 2mp or 4mp units..
I've never seen a 2mp turret advertised, only 3's and 4's. Have you got a model number for the new one?

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are IP66, so of course suitable for outside. I have three and no IR reflection issues.