DS-2CD2132F-I Firmware update help

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 of these cameras in a friends system using BI. The passwords continuously reset. Not sure if someone is access them or what. I have changed the password several times to strong passwords and these 2 out of 6 cameras always reset after a week or so. At least I have found a rest tool that makes it easy to do, but its annoying. S the firmware could use an upgrade, but it doesn't matter which browser that I use, or in administrative mode, or making sure the popup blocker is off. the browse button to point to the downloaded firmware will not do anything. Anyone see this before

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The passwords continuously reset. Not sure if someone is access them or what.
They might be being hacked, if they are accessible from the internet.
Try admin passwords : asdf1234 1111aaa
These are common consequences of being hacked by the 'backdoor vulnerability'.

Is UPnP enabled on the cameras and the router?
That would allow inbound access.
Port forwarding enabled? A big risk, not just to the cameras but other devices and data on the LAN.

S the firmware could use an upgrade, but it doesn't matter which browser that I use, or in administrative mode, or making sure the popup blocker is off. the browse button to point to the downloaded firmware will not do anything. Anyone see this before
Are these Chinese cameras? What's the firmware versions?
If so - an EN/ML firmware upgrade will brick them. But you can convert them to EN and move on.
To do the web GUI upgrade - you need to use IE11.
You will find that IE11 has morphed into Edge.
If so - force it into IE11 mode for the camera IP addresses using 'Preferences'.

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They might be being hacked, if they are accessible from the internet.
Try admin passwords : asdf1234 1111aaa
These are common consequences of being hacked by the 'backdoor vulnerability'.

Is UPnP enabled on the cameras and the router?
That would allow inbound access.
Port forwarding enabled? A big risk, not just to the cameras but other devices and data on the LAN.

I haven't checked on UPnP, but what else is available to use other than port forward for use with Blue Iris, to view over the internet

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't checked on UPnP, but what else is available to use other than port forward for use with Blue Iris, to view over the internet
This has some good advice in it -

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are these Chinese cameras? What's the firmware versions?
If so - an EN/ML firmware upgrade will brick them. But you can convert them to EN and move on.
To do the web GUI upgrade - you need to use IE11.
You will find that IE11 has morphed into Edge.
If so - force it into IE11 mode for the camera IP addresses using 'Preferences'.
No these aren't Chinese cameras, US versions. I did finally get the browser\web interface to work, the problem being that the Webcomponent.exe needed to be installed, after that the browse button worked. I was able to update the firmware on the 2 cameras that were not up to date which were also the 2 that the password kept changing on Time will tell!!