DS-2CD2132F-IS stream question.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

i have made some earlier post of some streaming problem, its like this, i have 3 pcs of DS-2CD2132F-IS.

i have the exact same settings on all the cameras and they are all connected to a cat6 cable trough a gigabit switch, and why can i only get 1 of the cameras to stream smooth and nice,no stutters att all, and the other 2 are stuttering and freezing not giving me a smooth and nice image, i have looked at the settings several hours but i cant really figure it out, i have copied all the setting from the non stutter camera to the other 2, but it really doesnt matter.

The only thing i can think of is that they dont use the same firmware, the one that is working good use:

Firmware versionV5.2.0 build 140721
Encoding versionV5.0 build 140714

and the other 2 use:
Firmware versionV5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding versionV5.0 build 140714

could it be the firmware, and if so, can i change the firmware to the older one?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
nothing wrong with 5.2.5, as far as i know.

'stuttering and freezing' sounds like a connectivity issue causing dropped video frames.
If you haven't already, check your ethernet cables. Test with a short known-good cable close to
your switch/router. If that works better, there's something wrong with your ethernet run(s).
Try re-crimping, one end at a time.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i just remebered one more thing, the camera that works flawless is not using power over ethernet, but the other ones do, im using an poe injector on the other cameras, could that be the problem?

the poe injectors are really cheap bought from aliexpress, i dont think they support gigabit network, is there poe injector that support gigabit?

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
do you have more problems at night (when the IR led's are on)?
if so, the power injection may be involved.

Easy enough to test. just apply 12v power directly at the cam and see if the streams look better.
If that helps, then I'd suggest just getting a decent PoE switch. they can be had for <$50...

there is no need for gigbit to the cam, as the max bitrate for a single cam will typically be well
under 1000KBps, or 10mbps...

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Check if you use RTSP over TCP in Camera Settings in tinyCam Monitor app. RTSP over UDP can cause the issue you have.