DS-2CD2135F-I Password

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just got a Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-I, but am unable to install. I can find it using the SADP tool that came with it, but am unable to change the IP address as it appears not to accept the factory password (12345), username (admin). The error I get from BI indicates incorrect password too. I wanted to do a manual reset like is on my other Hikvision cameras (microswitch depressed with a paperclip), but cannot seem to find one on this camera.

Do I have the wrong factory username/password (admin/12345)? Do I have to take it apart to attempt a manual reset to defaults?

I know it is there as the SADP tool finds it, but I cannot access it.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the bundled SADP was V2.x, download and install V3.x from here, it's much better, and handles 'device activation' http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html
The newer firmware does not have a default password - but requires that you set a strong password as part of the 'activation' process.
This can be done via SADP, or the web GUI if the IP address is already on your network.
If the device does not require activation, and the old default passwords of 12345 or 123456789abc do not work - perhaps the seller has put a password on and not informed you of it.
I seem to recall some posts mentioning a12345 or 123456789a

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. SADP V3.x is much better. The vendor got back to me. The default password is 1234567a, I have been able to access the firmware and change it to something more cryptic.