DS-2CD2135F-IS not connecting to DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a DS-2CD2135F-IS camera (Chinese hacked English firmware V5.3.3 , Ser # 20151108AACHxxxxxxxxx) to connect to a North American NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P (firmware V3.3.4)? I was supposed to receive DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras but got these instead. Apart from returning to the seller anything I can try?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In what way will it not connect?
eg
On PoE port but won't power up, no lights on the camera.
On PoE port, port lights on but not showing on NVR.
On PoE port, showing 'language mismatch' on NVR.
On PoE port with manually set IP address on camera, PoE port set to manual and Hikviion.
On PoE port with manually set IP address on camera, PoE port set to manual and ONVIF.
On 12v PSU with LAN IP address, can't add to NVR as all ports already configured.

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
When the camera is plugged into the PoE port on the NVR it never shows as "connected" and I never see video. If I power the camera with 12 volts and connect to it through a hub with a web browser I get logged in to the camera and can see video, change settings etc. None of the settings you suggest in your post allow the camera to connect to the NVR. The camera does power on (green LED blinking inside the camera) when connected to the NVR and the port lights on the NVR show that the camera is connected. The port does not show "language mismatch" on the NVR. The NVR in the camera setting screen shows an IP address being assigned to the camera but the camera never changes from the "triangle with exclamation mark" to "connected" no matter how long I wait. My feeling is that the new firmware in the "Chinese hacked" camera will not talk to my "North American" NVR.

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Further update. If I put the camera on my LAN and use IVMS-4200 client software I can detect and add the camera in IVMS-4200 and see video from the camera. I also see the NVR and all the cameras attached to the NVR, in the IVMS-4200 client. Connecting the camera directly to a PoE port on the NVR does power up the camera however the NVR never connects to the camera (no video). I can see the camera assigned an IP address when plugged into the NVR however the Make, Model and serial number are never displayed. When the camera is on the LAN the NVR see the camera (make model and serial number) but ithe NVR will not let me add the camera even if I have only 7 cameras plugged into the NVR.

Maybe the question I should have asked in the first post is "Does anyone have this model of camera, DS-2CD2135F-IS plugged into and working on a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR".

gmcmurray

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have a DS-2CD2135F-IS V5.33 camera and a DS-7108N-SN/P NVR. I am having the exact issues that ex-r-wagon is having. I can connect via SADP and directly to the camera for live video with the PC browser, but not the NVR. I first noticed that the password is different than every other HIKVISION camera and FORCES you to have a complex password. The issue is the NVR won't allow you to enter anything but numbers for the password. I assume this incompatibility is causing some of my problems.

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the Firmware version on your NVR?? Had the same issue and after I have upgraded it everything works perfectly fine.

Also is your camera connected to the NVR's buil-in PoE switch and correct IP address assigned to it with a default gateway of NVR's PoE swicth?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see the camera assigned an IP address when plugged into the NVR however the Make, Model and serial number are never displayed.
I suspect that what you are seeing there is the IP address assigned to the NVR PoE port.
A suggestion to try:
Pick one of the PoE ports, note down the IP address currently assigned, change the mode to 'Manual' instead of Plug&Play.
Plug the camera into the LAN again, and with SADP change the IP address to that of the PoE port you picked above, with default gateway=192.168.254.1
Plug the camera into that PoE port.
On the NVR PoE port camera configuration, use 'Modify' to ensure the IP address is as it was originally, as was set on the camera.
The protocol=Hikvision, the port=8000, the username and password are as you used when the camera was on the LAN.
Click OK and check Live View to see if the camera now shows.
Good luck!

gmcmurray

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the Firmware version on your NVR?? Had the same issue and after I have upgraded it everything works perfectly fine.

Also is your camera connected to the NVR's buil-in PoE switch and correct IP address assigned to it with a default gateway of NVR's PoE swicth?
Yes, I have a DS-2CD2732F-IS that works perfectly. It is only the new DS-2CD-2135F-IS that is giving me problems. So I would be connecting it to the 2nd port on the NVR's POE port.

Does the new NVR firmware support Alphanumeric passwords?
I will try this later in the week, thank you.

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspect that what you are seeing there is the IP address assigned to the NVR PoE port.
A suggestion to try:
Pick one of the PoE ports, note down the IP address currently assigned, change the mode to 'Manual' instead of Plug&Play.
Plug the camera into the LAN again, and with SADP change the IP address to that of the PoE port you picked above, with default gateway=192.168.254.1
Plug the camera into that PoE port.
On the NVR PoE port camera configuration, use 'Modify' to ensure the IP address is as it was originally, as was set on the camera.
The protocol=Hikvision, the port=8000, the username and password are as you used when the camera was on the LAN.
Click OK and check Live View to see if the camera now shows.
Good luck!
Thank you, your procedure to get the camera recognized by the NVR works exactly as you describe. I actually came to the same conclusion before reading your reply however your step by step explanation is way better than what I could have written up. My best guess is that the new camera (DS-2CD2135F-IS) is no longer "Plug and Play" like my older cameras (DS-2CD2032 and DS-2CD2132's). I'm sure that the "Hikvison" installation instructions detail this somewhere but I could not find it.

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have a DS-2CD2135F-IS V5.33 camera and a DS-7108N-SN/P NVR. I am having the exact issues that ex-r-wagon is having. I can connect via SADP and directly to the camera for live video with the PC browser, but not the NVR. I first noticed that the password is different than every other HIKVISION camera and FORCES you to have a complex password. The issue is the NVR won't allow you to enter anything but numbers for the password. I assume this incompatibility is causing some of my problems.
If you have older firmware on your NVR there is a keyboard input available for entering alpha characters when you log into your NVR or change your password. Look closely at the login box and there will be a little symbol in one corner that you click to switch to "keyboard". I didn't realize it was there until I started clicking anything I could in desperation to try and get the camera working. If you have newer firmware on your NVR you get the keyboard as default when logging in or changing passwords. Be sure you have a "North American" NVR (not a firmware hacked Chinese NVR) before you upgrade your firmware.

gmcmurray

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have older firmware on your NVR there is a keyboard input available for entering alpha characters when you log into your NVR or change your password. Look closely at the login box and there will be a little symbol in one corner that you click to switch to "keyboard". I didn't realize it was there until I started clicking anything I could in desperation to try and get the camera working. If you have newer firmware on your NVR you get the keyboard as default when logging in or changing passwords. Be sure you have a "North American" NVR (not a firmware hacked Chinese NVR) before you upgrade your firmware.
Lots of help here, thanks everyone.
What is best link for latest legit firmware? Yes it would appear I have Chinese hacked firmware, my model is(DS-7108N) not NI that would be US.
http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/download_89.html
above only has DS-7104N, I have DS7108N, really should not matter 4 vs.8 port...
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/
above has DS-7100 new, Dec 1,but many different models.

Paul Lewis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi please help !! Been on an install in london all day and had a nightmare with these cameras. [h=2]ds-2cd2135f-is -- trying to use the sadp search tool to change network details , i.p address etc and all i keep getting is failed when i try to update .. Do you know the password for this model camera??[/h]

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The old password is 12345
The newer one is 123456789abc
Even newer is the need to 'activate' the camera by creating a strong password, best done via a browser after you have found the IP address with SADP and changed your PC IP address to be compatible.

Paul Lewis

n3wb
Reaction score
The old password is 12345
The newer one is 123456789abc
Even newer is the need to 'activate' the camera by creating a strong password, best done via a browser after you have found the IP address with SADP and changed your PC IP address to be compatible.
Thanks for the reply ... I have tried both these passwords and still says failed to modify!

I have tried to log into the camera via bowser and just times out and will not bring me to the log in screen ??

Thanks paul

Paul Lewis

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok - what IP address shows in SADP, and what did you set the PC IP address to?
I haven't changed the IP on my computer as connected through the router.

Should I connect directly to the camera and change the IP address on the computer ?

Cheers Paul

Paul Lewis

n3wb
Reaction score
Should I connect directly to the camera or will it still work through the existing network if I change the IP address of my computer ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I connect directly to the camera or will it still work through the existing network if I change the IP address of my computer ?
It will be fine through the existing network, don't connect directly, that will likely cause additional complications with addressing.
But the PC and camera do need to be on the same IP address segment.
What IP address shows in SADP and what IP address is your PC set to?

Paul Lewis

n3wb
Reaction score
It will be fine through the existing network, don't connect directly, that will likely cause additional complications with addressing.
But the PC and camera do need to be on the same IP address segment.
What IP address shows in SADP and what IP address is your PC set to?
The camera is 192.168.1.64 and my local ip is 192.168.0.5. I have tried changing my ip to 192.168.1.66 and connected both camera and computer with cat6 cable to the router . Still couldn't connect to the camera ...used 192.168.1.64:8000 just times out driving me mad !