DS-2CD2135F-IS sold as 2132 replacment

tul9033

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought a DS-2CD2135F-IS on eBay being sold as the 2132 replacement. Unfortunately, it appears to be a PAL camera. Has no option for 60hz so it maxes out at 25 fps.
I've got several DS-2CD2132F-IS and really need a 6mm equivalent. Any suggestions?
Is there a firmware for the 2135 to get it back to NTSC?

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the firmware is not like the 2132, where there the HZ are selected in the "Video Standard" in the "Video Adjustment" menu on the "Display Settings" tab in the "Video" section of the configuration page?

tul9033

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, several options are missing on this cameras configuration as compared to the 2132.

So the firmware is not like the 2132, where there the HZ are selected in the "Video Standard" in the "Video Adjustment" menu on the "Display Settings" tab in the "Video" section of the configuration page?

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, several options are missing on this cameras configuration as compared to the 2132.
Thanks for the heads up about missing features. In your opinion, is it fair to call it a replacement or is is it a step backwards?

tul9033

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Definitely a step backwards. Really a disappointment since the 2132 is supposed to be out of production however, I am still seeing the 2.8 and 4mm versions available. I need a 6mm lens though.
Hikvision is really shooting themselves in the foot here. They have great products, but their attempts to segment the China and US markets are just causing confusion and hacked firmwares.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2135F is NOT a replacement for the DS-2CD2132F. The DS-2CD2135F is a Chinese only region camera and is not intended for sale outside of China. All western region cameras end in XXX2 and Chinese region cameras end in XXX5.

Is there a firmware for the 2135 to get it back to NTSC?
Nope! The camera you have has hacked English firmware and can not be upgraded.

tul9033

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not making the claim that the 2135 is the replacement for the 2132. The sellers are listing them that way. Many times a search for the 2132 is actually showing a result for the 2135 with "replace 2132" in the subject. Seeing similar results on Alibaba. The 3132 is also being listed as a replacement for the 2132.
As I'm sure you are aware, the 2132 has several variants of the firmware that are hacked for multi language. These originally started off as Chinese language cameras. Not sure how that works with the cameras ending in 5.
Do you have any info on a comparable camera to the 2132?

The DS-2CD2135F is NOT a replacement for the DS-2CD2132F. The DS-2CD2135F is a Chinese only region camera and is not intended for sale outside of China. All western region cameras end in XXX2 and Chinese region cameras end in XXX5.

Nope! The camera you have has hacked English firmware and can not be upgraded.

Last edited by a moderator:

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hikvision is really cracking down on their supply chain to curb gray market cameras sales. From what I have read, Hikvision used to only have one model number for each camera type sold. DS-2CD2132F for example, but region code and serial numbers were different depending on the market. WR in the serial number for Western Region and CH for China for example. Now it appears XXX2 model numbers are for Western Region and XXX5 is specific to China. I'm assuming with Hikvision cracking down on gray market cameras, XXX2 models are now exclusive to Western Region and more expense and or harder for unauthorized Chinese resellers to get. Therefore you are seeing XXX5 cameras offered as "their" replacement to the XXX2.

I actually have (2) XXX5 cameras. The first I bought on Amazon. I purchased a DS‑2CD2332 but was shipped a DS‑2CD2335 and was also told it was the 2332 replacement. I objected and offered a $15 refund to keep it. The other I bought on Ebay knowing full well it was a 2335.

Another thing I have read and I'm a little more concerned about is newer NVR firmware and IVMS will do a model / region check and if it's not a western region camera you will get a "Language Version Mismatch" and it won't connect. You could still connect it as a generic ONVIF but would lose a lot of functionality. If that is in fact the case, I will need to replace my (2) xxx5 cameras if I want to upgrade my NVR firmware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now it appears XXX2 model numbers are for Western Region and XXX5 is specific to China.
Have you checked the hardware on the xxx5 cameras that you purchased?
The DS-2CD3335 for example has the newer h.265 capable " load sys.ko for Hi3516A...OK!" SoC, with "CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d" running at "Calibrating delay loop... 1196.85 BogoMIPS (lpj=5984256)".
So it's a LOT more capable than the ARMv6 at 525MHz in the 2132s, and as a consequence it may well see some extended analytics in later firmware releases.

Reaction score
Something I am currently going through with these cameras compared to my 2132s are in the settings I cant seem to find the MicIn option under the sound settings. I have been going through this for quite awhile because LineIn doesnt give me any audio but MicIn is unavailable. My model is the one ending in -IS and so it should have sound but just doesnt. Its also not a fluke because I own 15 of these cameras and none of them have the MicIn option.