DS-2CD2142 4MP 5.3.3 Owners and experiences or issues? I've got ghosting.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any other owners of these out with 2142 dome 5.3.3 4Mp cameras and have issues?
I've just received mine and at first pass I'm not impressed unless my issues are resolved via configuration.

I've basically got ghosting like on the old first LED TV's where if you move on a high speed movement you used to get that ghosting on sports/action type viewing.

I've powered it up in the lounge into the router, liveview via a laptop via wifi. But I access all my 3Mp cameras remote in similar setup.

1. When I move my hands on an internal room shot I get the ghosting of my hands until the pixels refresh. Also the picture is not that sharp.
2. When I point it outside in daylight through the window I see the same as the car goes by, and well as people.

Video/ Audio Settings

main stream normal, video stream, 2688x1520, variable, highest video quality, frame rate 15, max bit rate 6144 (default) , h264, frame interval 15, smoothing default 50.

Tried playing around with various parameters to no avail.

Image settings
auto switch, image adjustment brightness 50, contrast 20 , saturation 50, sharpness 80. exposure settings manual 1/25, gain 50, day night switch auto , sensitivity 4 , filtering time 5 smart IR off, backlight settings OFF, white balance AWB1, Image Enhancement ON Noise Reduction 100. Video Adjustments defaults, mirror off, rotate off, video standard 50Hz, capture mode off.

I've attached two photos so you can see what I'm talking about.
I've got two so I can power up the second and see if the same problem is there.

here's a pic from my 3Mp ds-2cd2132F-IS of which I've never noticed this type of issue

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Noise reduction is culprit, turn it down below 50

Sunny

n3wb
Reaction score
I had similar issues on 3mp hikvison camera.. I fixed it by reducing the digital noise reduction setting.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had similar issues on 3mp hikvison camera.. I fixed it by reducing the digital noise reduction setting.
Thanks guys for that pointer that's helped. Bit strange as I set it to the same as the 3mp that I'll installed and I didn't notice it as bad/ at all on the 2132 3mp domes I had.
Thanks any way much appreciated.

Any comments from other 4MP owners on picture/ performance.

I specifically got these to swap out my 3mp 2132 on the driveway to see if I could improve the night picture (0,01 lux) as the driveway is a long way from the road and there's not much peripheral light to help.
Fender suggested I try the 4mp with the lower lux capability.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks guys for that pointer that's helped. Bit strange as I set it to the same as the 3mp
The settings are the same name but completely different for the 4MP WDR ones to the 3MP in my experience. I'd just turn noise reduction off and see how that works.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
DS-2CD2142 is good at night but not good enough for longer reach.
Get external IR, or better yet that mini ptz that being discussed in another thread. It's IR is very powerful and you will have flexibility with the zoom. That's what exactly what I am doing

hapzfl

n3wb
Reaction score
I got mine today and I am stuck setting up with SADP because of PW failure. As it is v.5.3.3 and you guys are obviously running that version, how did you succeed in setting the camera up?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with, get the Huisun mini ptz with 10x zoom, if your driveway is long then this camera will do a better job covering than the 4mp

Reaction score
@all und tradertim

Hello,

i am from Germany (sorry my english is not soo good) and i have two Hikvision 2132 bullets an the new DS-2CD2142 dome in use.
I have the same problem with "ghosting" like in your pictures.
At first i thought it is a problem of "motion blur" and so i changed the exposure setting to 1/000 sec.
But there was no positive effect.

Now i will try to reduce the digital noise reduction like you did it.

Both DS-2CD2132 don`t have any "ghosting" and the digital noise reduction is set on 100.

I will report later about the results for the 2142.

Cheers

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
newer cams use default password '123456789abc' (no longer just '12345')