DS-2CD2142 Upgrade from V5.4.5 build 170124 to V5.5.0 build 170725 Fails

pdobrien3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I swear I am a glutton for punishment. Just couldn't live any longer with V5.4.5 build 170124 on my Hikvision 2CD2142's. Even though they have been humming along without any issues for about a year. My OCD got the best of me and I decided to download V5.5.0 build 170725 and upgrade the firmware today. I downloaded the software from the US site. I have tried both the firmware link and the DS-2CD2142 product page link both with the same results. The firmware uploads perfectly, the camera reboots, it grabs an IP through DHCP static lease reserved on my router by MAC address, and then everything goes to po po. The camera can't seem to find the gateway and the next refresh of the SADP Tool, the ip goes to 0.0.0.0.

I have tried factory defaulting the settings with no joy. I have pulled my hair out the past 4-5 hours trying to get it to hold an IP through DHCP. What am I doing wrong? Once I give it a static address, things work fine???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the way my network is setup, I need to use DHCP reservations.

Thanks in advance,

pdobrien3

n3wb
Reaction score
First, thank you for your response. Second, what is the difference between the UK/Ireland firmware and the US firmware? Also, how can I find out, other than flashing, if this will actually fix the issue? I am a little mind-blown that I can’t go back to an earlier version.

Also, I am unable to import the settings backup I made. Will the settings not upload to different versions?

Thanks again,

Last edited: