DS-2CD2142FWD-IS 4MP cam with WDR, SD recording and Sound for $138..

Jeroen68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi IpCamTalkers,

I am new to the board. Newly registered that is, i have been reading up for hours already and I enjoy the board a lot!

Currently I don't have security at my house but I am thinking of putting up some IP Cams. After studying a lot of posts, I think I'd go with a Hikvision IP Cam.

I came across a DS-2CD2142FWD-IS which is hard to find on Aliexpress, but if you go to Joanna's store straight I can order models that do not appear in general (ali) search results? Anybody know why this is? (Is (this because) Hikvision (is) not supposed to be sold on Aliexpress?)

Also I have some further questions before ordering;

They have the "2142" and "2145" versions which seem to have the same tech-specs? On the site I found that it remains unclear what the last digit indicates, or does somebody know?

When I order a DS-2CD2142FWD-IS from Joanna (now $138) will it boot in English straight from the box, and will I be able to run firmware upgrades?

Not all (these) cams are listed on the original (overseas)hikvision.com site, but why?

Does anybody have experiences with getting a cam from Joanna and shipping it to The Netherlands?

Will it pass customs clearance or is Joanna sending it in a way it will pass easy?

Does anybody else have a 2CD2142FWD-IS? I was thinking wireless is unnecessary as it needs a (power)lead anyways, so I might as well connect it up more reliably?

Lots of questions, but once I'm up and running I'd be able to answer some too in the future :)

Regards, Jeroen