DS-2CD2155FWD-IS Brick

jwp

n3wb
Reaction score
So I managed to brick my DS-2CD2155FWD-IS trying to revert back to the stock R6 5.4.5. The camera pulls the file from TFTP, but never proceeds with the upgrade. I realize this is due to protection from 5.5.x to 5.4.x. I upgraded the camera to 5.5.61 for reference, and I am trying to go back to 5.4.5.

I then tried the R6 fake firmware posted in another thread, but still the same result. It pulls the R6 fake firmware down via TFTP, but never proceeds with the ugprade. I am able to SSH into the camera after TFTP via 192.168.1.64 with the login "root/hiklinux", so I am able to get to a shell. From here I try "/bin/upgrade", and receive the error message below.

I even tried to revert back to the stock 5.4.5 firmware, and nothing.

[ERROR] [MIN]BURN digicap package error, can not upgrade!!!!

I am at a loss here. Thankfully I can get to a shell, so it's not a total brick. Any suggestions on what it could be?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So I managed to brick my DS-2CD2155FWD-IS trying to revert back to the stock R6 5.4.5.
I realize this is due to protection from 5.5.x to 5.4.x.
From what I've seen - the 'downgrade block' would not trash the camera, but simply reject the older firmware, leaving the original in place.
[ERROR] [MIN]BURN digicap package error, can not upgrade!!!!
That's the usual 'downgrade block' error.

So I managed to brick my DS-2CD2155FWD-IS
What does SADP show, if anything, for the status?

I am able to get to a shell. From here I try "/bin/upgrade", and receive the error message below.
Have you tried re-applying the 5.5.61 and if so, what was the result?

**edit**
I'm not sure a 2155FWD is an R6 camera - though I'm not familiar with that model. Isn't it a G1?