DS-2CD2332-I and Ezviz verification code

scarr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the whole CCTV thing but OK with computers, so I have the camera working using just a POE cable and even setup the NAS, but I wanted to use Ezviz and so created an account and tried to add the camera, when I did this I was challenged for a versification code (the camera purchased from ebay) I could not find this code on the box label as it was in Chinese, I emailed HikVision and they sent a PDF showing how to get the verification code. I have attached a screen shot of the results of that PDF procedure and it looks like the password is disabled!! But when I try to add the camera in Ezviz it finds the camera OK, I try to add it and I get challenged for a versification code!!!!! anyone any ideas? maybe how to set / enable the verification code?

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Verification number for Ezviz from their FAQ's

[h=2]Register[/h] Download and install the APP to the mobile phone. Click the icon of the ezviz to access the login page. Click Register button on the lower-right side of the page, and follow the steps below to create a new account.
Steps:
1. In the register page, click the drop down menu to select an account type.
2. Enter your Email address and the CAPTCHA code into the corresponding text boxes. Click Next to get the verification number which will be sent to your Email.
3. Enter the verification number and click Next to start the account settings.
4. Enter an available username and password into the corresponding text boxes, Click OK to complete the settings.
So the number is the one sent to your email from Ezviz ??????

scarr

n3wb
Reaction score
DaveP, No, they sent me a PDF procedure of how to get my verification code, the screenshot is the results of following their instructions. In their instructions it said I would see the password, but all I saw was blanks! Anyway I sorted it by logging into the camera and going to configuration -> system -> maintenance and doing a default -> restore.

Steve

Reaction score
Nice one Stsve. However, is there any chance of uploading the PDF to acquire the verification code please? I can't see anywhere in the IVMS application or SADP tool where to set the verification code. When I download the android app, the QR Code generated by ivms isn't recognised by the android app, so have to punch in the serial number manually. Feel like I'm going around in a circle here to register my two 2CD-2532 cams to EZVIZ. Any help would be appreciated for a newbie. Thanks ahead of time.

worven

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the whole CCTV thing but OK with computers, so I have the camera working using just a POE cable and even setup the NAS, but I wanted to use Ezviz and so created an account and tried to add the camera, when I did this I was challenged for a versification code (the camera purchased from ebay) I could not find this code on the box label as it was in Chinese, I emailed HikVision and they sent a PDF showing how to get the verification code. I have attached a screen shot of the results of that PDF procedure and it looks like the password is disabled!! But when I try to add the camera in Ezviz it finds the camera OK, I try to add it and I get challenged for a versification code!!!!! anyone any ideas? maybe how to set / enable the verification code?

Thanks

Steve
Hi,

Just went through this, here is a combination that that worked for me.

1) under security enable SSH & TELNET
2) ssh root@ip of your camera
3) enter admin password
4) cd bin
5) showKey challenge code

The 6 Alphabet code is displayed, didn't have to reset config, this is a lot simpler.

Worven

Reaction score
Command "showKey challenge code" worked for me.
However "cd bin" was not a valid command.
In shell type "help" to see all valid commands.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However "cd bin" was not a valid command.
In shell type "help" to see all valid commands.
It seems you have the newer firmware that has the 'psh' Busybox restricted shell, with limited command access, as opposed to the original 'ash' Busybox shell.

Reaction score
So, I may be late to this party. But, I was having the same problem and just solved it. The verification code they are looking for is whatever you set your password to when you created a password for the DVD device!!!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The easier way to find it is plug a monitor into your NVR and look under maintenance - Network -