DS-2CD2332-I Image quality

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get the best image quality out of this camera? Seems to be a lot of noise at night. DNR is on and its at 50% reduction.
That is normal for those old cameras with 1/3 sensors.
See the threads on the newer low light cams with larger sensors.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ended up replacing all these with the 2335 turrets. MUCH better image quality day and night plus no problems with spiders.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ended up replacing all these with the 2335 turrets. MUCH better image quality day and night plus no problems with spiders.
The op's camera is a turret as well. Its just an older turret with a small sensor. The 2335 has now also been surpassed with newer low light models.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman Which are the newer models to the 2335 with equal or better image quality especially at night?
I get the feeling the 2335 is disappearing from the market.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hik Vision in the past two years has improved the specifications reporting by specifying in most cameras (not all) the Horizontal and vertical field of view angle.
However, the still do not specify the f capability of the lens, that is the aperture of the lens. Therefore the minimum illumination specified usually is the minimum illumination of the sensor and not of the camera. For example the at f1.2 the sensor may have a minimum illumination of 0.001 but if the lens fitted is f1.6 (a typical medium quality lens) then the camera minimum illumination is 0,01. This now should not be considered a low light capable camera. The color VU line of cameras are advertised in some you tube videos of having f1.0 lens which is the ideal aperture (everyone with some photography experience knows that it is impossible optically to achieve f1.0). In this case the minimum illumination reported in the specifications can be considered as truly reported. In all other cases, the specifications of the minimum illumination are not always reported properly.

rjsrjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get the best image quality out of this camera? Seems to be a lot of noise at night. DNR is on and its at 50% reduction.
Try changing the camera to 60 Hz in Configuration > Image > Video Adjustment > NTSC(60Hz). Will need to reboot. I read a long time ago that 50 Hz mode drops frames. Appears to work well in the 60 Hz mode from my experience.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try changing the camera to 60 Hz in Configuration > Image > Video Adjustment > NTSC(60Hz). Will need to reboot. I read a long time ago that 50 Hz mode drops frames. Appears to work well in the 60 Hz mode from my experience.
That is not related to this issue.