DS-2CD2335-I - Connection/Setup Issues.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

Received two of these today from a Chinese seller on Aliexpress but having an issue with connection dropouts from the Hik GUI.

1) Downloaded SADP, recognised the camera is active but the original IP address wasnt taking me to the GUI.
2) Read that I should change the IP address. There was no technical calculation here, I grabbed a current IP address from one of my existing cameras and changed the last 4 to a 5. (I have a feeling this is where I go wrong)
3) Can login as expected and float around the Hik GUI as expected but then I lose connection. I refresh a few times and it's back (asking me to login).

What has happened here?!

I've tried a different cable and POE port.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Munzz,

I've had similar issues with 2332 cameras that show up on SADP but nothing happened when I double clicked on the IPv4 address (BTW, only the IPv4 address is ckickable). I found that changing the IPv4 subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 in SADP (from 255.255.255.0) did the trick. Changing this value will require you to enter camera username/password within SADP (default is admin/12345) and saving the result.

No totally sure why I needed this change, but it may have to do with the fact that the camera is connected to the PC Ethernet port and the PC IPv4 setup may require this change. Let us know if that worked for you...

M

DryHeat

n3wb
Reaction score
I would also list out every ip address of every device on your network. That way you won't use a duplicate address.

• Type “ipconfig” at command prompt. This will give you ip address of your own machine. ...
  • Ping your broadcast IP address “ping 192.168.1.255” (may require -b on linux)
  • Now type arp -a You will get the list of all IP addresses on your segment.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks both for the response.

I did as suggested but still having drop out issues unfortunately. In talks with the seller and they seem helpful so will update.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but it may have to do with the fact that the camera is connected to the PC Ethernet port
It is.
That's an unusual way to connect up the camera.
The PC will, in the absence of a static IP address or a DHCP-issued IP configuration, revert to a 'self-administered address' randomly in 169.254.0.0/16
That's a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0
So using a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 on that network will be troublesome.
Try connecting both to your router / switch as normal and see how it goes, you'll have no problem using a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask, assuming your router is using a /24 range (ie 1-254).

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

The camera is connected to my network switch and my laptop I'm accessing the GUI is connected via wifi. Does this make a difference?

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Munzz,

Do you have a separate power supply to power the camera (when connected to a switch) or is your switch a POE unit?

-S

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, it's a POE switch with a few other Hikvisions running from it. The unit powers up and the Infrared light turns on so unsure if it's a power issue.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is connected to my network switch and my laptop I'm accessing the GUI is connected via wifi. Does this make a difference?
WiFi can be quite troublesome with disconnects when stream video - but should generally be OK for the web GUI.
One way to assess that would be to wire the laptop and see if the disconnects no longer occur.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
WiFi can be quite troublesome with disconnects when stream video - but should generally be OK for the web GUI.
One way to assess that would be to wire the laptop and see if the disconnects no longer occur.

Agreed. Plugged my laptop into a spare port on the switch and still an issue.

I tried to play with another camera and it's doing the same thing:

1) Visible in SADP but cannot connect.
2) Change IP and connects but connection drops in and out.

Grr!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Visible in SADP but cannot connect.
You will only be able to connect if the IP address (as seen by SADP) is on the same network segment as your laptop.
SADP will discover devices across other segments - but that does not necessarily mean that you can connect to them.

Change IP and connects but connection drops in and out.
Looks like this will have to be a process of elimination.
You've changed to another PoE port (a PoE switch?) and cable.
Are you convinced the IP address you assigned isn't used by something else? Is it within the pool range that the DHCP service on your router uses?
Can you try a 12v power supply instead of PoE?
Can you try a different PC?
etc

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will only be able to connect if the IP address (as seen by SADP) is on the same network segment as your laptop.
SADP will discover devices across other segments - but that does not necessarily mean that you can connect to them.

Looks like this will have to be a process of elimination.
You've changed to another PoE port (a PoE switch?) and cable.
Are you convinced the IP address you assigned isn't used by something else? Is it within the pool range that the DHCP service on your router uses?
Can you try a 12v power supply instead of PoE?
Can you try a different PC?
etc
Thanks for your help Alastair. The camera is also dropping in and out of SADP, I refresh and it's there, then I refresh a couple more times and it drops off! Very frustrating to say the least.

IP is definitely not used, followed the steps as above via CMD. How do I know if it's within pool range?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's going to be something basic and obvious ...

How do I know if it's within pool range
The web GUI of your router will show the DHCP configuration and allow changes to it.
But best not to change it if you're unsure, but worth knowing the range of address it dishes out if you are setting static addresses independently.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I managed to catch it whilst appearing in SADP.

Is there anything suspicious looking here?

Note that DHCP is disabled, unsure what this is but on my other cameras it's not active so I left it.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just as a test, I would click the DHCP box (this would let the system assign a valid IP address.) Currently, the 192.168.1.145 address is fixed, stored inside the camera.

Click refresh, and see if the IP address changes from 192.168.1.145. If it does, unclick the DHCP box and enter the new IP address you just received (you may also have to change the gateway address), then enter the admin password and click the Modify button. That will store the new, valid address in your camera.

-S

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That SADP screen shot looks perfectly normal to me.
If you have an android phone run fing as it sounds like a ip conflict also make sure no cca wire , next time you get it open on sadp change the ip again to a higher one if you dont have fing. I have not had issues with the several 2335 models I have but I had a 2132 that I had to reboot by pullin gplug and then rushing to pc to log directly in on browser then to its config tab until I could get it stable with a IP. Not sure what my isssue was but it was on CCA wire and when I used "FING" its amazing how many devices I forgot were on my LAN.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just as a test, I would click the DHCP box (this would let the system assign a valid IP address.) Currently, the 192.168.1.145 address is fixed, stored inside the camera.

Click refresh, and see if the IP address changes from 192.168.1.145. If it does, unclick the DHCP box and enter the new IP address you just received (you may also have to change the gateway address), then enter the admin password and click the Modify button. That will store the new, valid address in your camera.

-S
Tried this, IP hadnt changed but managed to access GUI until it kicked me out 15 seconds after and it fell off of SADP.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have an android phone run fing as it sounds like a ip conflict also make sure no cca wire , next time you get it open on sadp change the ip again to a higher one if you dont have fing. I have not had issues with the several 2335 models I have but I had a 2132 that I had to reboot by pullin gplug and then rushing to pc to log directly in on browser then to its config tab until I could get it stable with a IP. Not sure what my isssue was but it was on CCA wire and when I used "FING" its amazing how many devices I forgot were on my LAN.
Just tried this, IP appears there as expected and no conflicts (well, no 2 IP's are the same, would you consider a slight difference a conflict?)