DS-2CD2335-I - Connection/Setup Issues.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, what are you suggesting I do? Type the IP in my browser? If so, I've done this, sometimes it works, then connection drops or it doesn't work at all.

Sounds like a conflict somewhere but I don't know where!

I have 2 of these cameras and both are doing the same. All my other cameras are running from the same switch so unsure what the issue could be.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot ...
If you have IPv6 active on your router, and are not dependent on it, temporarily disable it and see if that makes a difference.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot ...
If you have IPv6 active on your router, and are not dependent on it, temporarily disable it and see if that makes a difference.
It's already disabled, currently on Skype with the seller in an attempt to resolve. Good service.

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
May I ask a question about SADP and changing the password? My 8mm 2335 works fine (assigned an IP on my network and I can use SADP and the firmware utility in IE).

But I seem to be locked in to the default password of 1234567...etc. I used SADP with my 4mm (which had older firmware) and was able to change the password.

On this camera, using SADP, I get a message back that I was successful. But the new password doesn't seem to stick. If I try to login to the camera IP address in IE, I must use the original password or it fails and gives a warning that I have 5 tries left?

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nevermind, I logged in to the IE utility using the 123456.... password and was able to change the password by clicking on Configuration:User Management and selecting the camera with a left click and then using MODIFY. Boy am I a newbie!

With my first camera setup, I was able to change the password using SADP but that camera had an earlier firmware V5.3.3 build 150803. SADP reported success but failed to change the password on my 8mm camera with V5.3.6 build 151221. So learning how to change the password in the IE Hikvision software solved my issue.

In fact, since these cameras are arriving as "activated" is there any reason to use SADP first?

Reaction score
no idea why they are shipping these without dhcp enabled..

my device was whacked on bootup..

ip: 192.168.254.197
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1

really?! what a mess.. you'll need SADP to find it on your network.

just enable dhcp out of the box.. lol

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
no idea why they are shipping these without dhcp enabled..
Possibly a consequence of the specific seller installing 'hacked' firmware?
Does the camera web GUI firmware version match what's on the camera or box sticker?
If they are different - it's likely had modified firmware installed.