DS-2CD2335-I20160723AACH / DS-7616NI-E21620160406AARR FW Updates

binskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks,

I've been trying to catchup on firmware updates & tools for the above camera & nvr combo over the last few days as i haven't looked into it in years but i continue to find myself at dead ends / confused around what steps to take.

The nvr I believe I have that to the latest / last version it will take which is 3.4.103.

The cameras im struggling with being that they are Chinese models with English language firmware on 5.4.0, do i have any options to have the cameras updated to a more recent release?

If the camera's can be updated but drop the english language i dont think thats a huge issue as long as they'll still talk to the nvr and they can be managed in english by the Hik Batch Config tool - i'm just not sure if doing so will cause the 'language mismatch error' with the nvr, the NVR being an RR model though would that still be a thing? Would an RR model nvr be able to talk to all region cameras?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera's can be updated but drop the english language i dont think thats a huge issue as long as they'll still talk to the nvr
The NVR will reject them with the 'language mismatch' error, even when the cameras are connected as a ONVIF device.