DS-2CD2335I experience - is this normal?

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed 10 DS-2CD2335I cameras about 2 years ago. Three of the cameras have stopped producing any video - just a black screen. I see them on my network IP scanner and can log into them with SADP, but they don't product any video. I removed one and it physically looks fine. I tried plugging it directly into the POE switch and no joy.

Anything to try? Are they just trash now?

Thanks much....

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perfectly normal as in they are not a qood camera to begin with? Any way to revive them? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfectly normal as in they are not a qood camera to begin with? Any way to revive them? Thanks.
No that was sarcasm in response to the way you asked the question... reset them. How are you recording them? Do they display in ivms?

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, so you've caught on that I am totally ignorant. These cameras are Chinese in origin and don't have an obvious reset button. I use Blue Iris. In Tinycam pro on my android phone, the message on the blank screen says, "Cam 7: No Signal, error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0

Last edited:

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nevermind. My 3 cameras had somehow been attacked by the backdoor exploit and the password had been changed. Thanks to this forum and AlastairStevenson and @bp2008 I was able to change the password back to normal. Now I just need to find out how to put 5.4.5 or later English firmware on these Chinese cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nevermind. My 3 cameras had somehow been attacked by the backdoor exploit and the password had been changed. Thanks to this forum and AlastairStevenson and @bp2008 I was able to change the password back to normal. Now I just need to find out how to put 5.4.5 or later English firmware on these Chinese cameras.
Don't expose the cameras to the net...see VPN for noobs thread.. disable UPnP in cam and router