DS-2CD2385FWD-I 2.8mm 8MP camera

rag9836

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty new to the IP camera world, put in a Hikvision NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P 8 CH) last year with two Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD234WD-I). The system is working great, I just now added a third camera; a 8MP DS-2CD2385FWD-I. It comes up good in multiview, but when I go to stream it or live view on just the new camera, I receive the message "unsupported stream type".

As I research this message, it looks live my NVR can only steam up to 5MP cameras...but, when I installed the camera yesterday it was live streaming fine. Made no changes and today I get the error message.

The live stream on Hik-Connect works tho?

Any ideas out there on how to fix...or do I return and downgrade to a 4mp camera?

Thanks for all of your help. This is my first post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty new to the IP camera world, put in a Hikvision NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P 8 CH) last year with two Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD234WD-I). The system is working great, I just now added a third camera; a 8MP DS-2CD2385FWD-I. It comes up good in multiview, but when I go to stream it or live view on just the new camera, I receive the message "unsupported stream type".

As I research this message, it looks live my NVR can only steam up to 5MP cameras...but, when I installed the camera yesterday it was live streaming fine. Made no changes and today I get the error message.

The live stream on Hik-Connect works tho?

Any ideas out there on how to fix...or do I return and downgrade to a 4mp camera?

Thanks for all of your help. This is my first post.
you can try lowering the camera resolution...