DS-2CD2386G2 - AcuSense - Bad image quality on latest firmware (V5.5.134)

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

EDIT: Firmware 5.5.131 does not have the quality issue.

I have been having non stop quality issues with the latest firmware for the DS-2CD2386G2-IU. I have spoken to HikVision and they have been able to re produce it and have given me temp firmware that should resolve the issue.

The new firmware is 5.5.150 and it appears they have added a new setting for the AcuSense function as seen in the attached image. This setting is only present in the "Smart Events" and not available for Motion Detection it would seem.

I am currently testing the new settings to see exactly how they respond.

In regards to the image quality issue I was having, I will attach an example image. The best way I can describe the issue is when the I-Frame interval occurs, the whole image will go blocky as if it had really low bitrate or compression artifacts.

As I said, HikVision China has confirmed this is indeed an issue on firmware V5.5.134 and will be releasing a new firmware late October.

It looks like the new firmware they have provided me has not resolved the quality issue bit it's good to see a new feature added for testing.

Attachments

Last edited:

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Checking my camera I'm pretty behind fw versions - might try out the new fw when released and rollback if it's not for me.

Has been stable and ok though:

Code:
# prtHardInfo
Start at 2020-04-16 02:22:24
Serial NO :DS-2CD2386G2-I2019xxxxAAWRDxxxxxxxx
V5.5.98 build 190828

# uptime
00:49:30 up 160 days, 22:27,  load average: 3.42, 3.29, 3.16

Last edited:

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just out of interest, does the latest firmware you have let you search by human or vehicle classification on the cameras web interface?

Mine doesn't, which I find strange.

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just out of interest, does the latest firmware you have let you search by human or vehicle classification on the cameras web interface?

Mine doesn't, which I find strange.
No I believe this can only be done on the NVR locally. I have not tried on a Non Acusense NVR but I also thought this feature to was limited only to the AcuSense NVR's. This may have changed in later firmware's so don't quote me on that.

You do have the option to search the timeline for line crossing or intrusion detection but it's not exactly accurate.

1603329085886.png

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Given that the Acusense camera itself distinguishes between human/vehicle/other when it decides whether to trigger recording or not on that criteria, it must know. I wonder if it might be buried in meta data in the recording but not exposed on the web interface.

I might dig around and find out.

Thanks very much for the reply :)

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That version 5.5.150 was removed from the Hikvision portal in the UK due to the issues it caused. Another issue was that it replaced the newer version 2 polygon motion detection with the older grid/cell selection, and from memory the Human and Vehicle filter disappeared from the menus. I had it on my DS-2CD2346 and 2386G3-ISU/SL models and had to downgrade back to 5.5.134 following advice from hikvision.

Apparently although the release notes indicated otherwise, it was only intended for certain specific G2 hardware (G3 firmware) models.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you mean version 5.5.150 allowed web interface searching by Human/Vehicle?

Or are you referring to motion detection Human/Vehicle target filtering?

Or maybe you were replying to OP and not me :)

Last edited:

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mean version 5.5.150 allowed web interface searching by Human/Vehicle?

Or are you referring to motion detection Human/Vehicle target filtering?

Or maybe you were replying to OP and not me :)
No - searching is not available in the web interface. The comment was more directed to the OP as they referred to 5.5.150 and I noted that the camera model was the same as mine which Hikvision confirmed were not suitable for that build.

I found that on my AcuSense 2386 cameras, the motion detection Human/Target filtering boxes that had been present in the camera webpage configuration menu, disappeared and also the version 2 motion detection (up to 12 point polygon) reverted to the grid of version 1. When my supplier contacted Hikvision UK, they stated that 5.5.150 had been put on the portal by mistake and was not intended for the entire G3 platform. They removed it from the UK portal that same day and 5.5.134 is now the latest available version.

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No - searching is not available in the web interface. The comment was more directed to the OP as they referred to 5.5.150 and I noted that the camera model was the same as mine which Hikvision confirmed were not suitable for that build.

I found that on my AcuSense 2386 cameras, the motion detection Human/Target filtering boxes that had been present in the camera webpage configuration menu, disappeared and also the version 2 motion detection (up to 12 point polygon) reverted to the grid of version 1. When my supplier contacted Hikvision UK, they stated that 5.5.150 had been put on the portal by mistake and was not intended for the entire G3 platform. They removed it from the UK portal that same day and 5.5.134 is now the latest available version.
Hi

The build I had for .150 was an early version and not finished. I have since been given the final version and yes it had all kinds of issues. I’m currently running on .131 I believe as it is the most stable in my circumstances. Though I appreciate the polygon based motion detect zones I do hope that do this for intrusion detection. I have had a lot better experience using the AcuSenseNVR... even though I’m not using the AcuSense function from the nvr it definitely is behaving much better and appears to be faster even though HikVision have confirmed they have the same performance outside of AcuSense.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Heads up. Firmware .150 has been officially released. At least on the Russian Hikvision ftp site.

ftp.hikvision.ru

Having had lots of problems with my 2CD2386G2 with image blur, stuttering and dropping recorded frames after a period of operation I didn't hesitate to install the firmware on my Australian sourced camera.

Of most interest in the release notes is the mention that the image blur issue, which apparently affected all firmware releases prior when WDR was enabled, has been fixed.

1604448544582.png

Hope this finally resolves the major issues that I've been facing with this cam. I'll know after a week or so of operation.

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Heads up. Firmware .150 has been officially released. At least on the Russian Hikvision ftp site.

ftp.hikvision.ru

Having had lots of problems with my 2CD2386G2 with image blur, stuttering and dropping recorded frames after a period of operation I didn't hesitate to install the firmware on my Australian sourced camera.

Of most interest in the release notes is the mention that the image blur issue, which apparently affected all firmware releases prior when WDR was enabled, has been fixed.

Hope this finally resolves the major issues that I've been facing with this cam. I'll know after a week or so of operation.
Hi, thanks fir the update. Yeah I didn’t have any image processing on and had a bunch of issues. My issue ended up being the “main event stream” was not working correctly and had a much lower bitrate then the main stream so when and event such as “intrusion” happened it switched to the Event Main Stream and has horrible quality as the hit rate was 1/4 what it needs to be. In the new firmware you cannot even see this stream type in the settings which is stupid.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting.

Just for fun I compared the 2 series and 3 series firmware files. Kernel, davinci and most everything else identical. Just a few extra wireless drivers for the 3 series.

Though series 3 is built weird by someone who doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Like the firmware file has 2 copies of libzoomcam_ipc.so - both identical.

Not actually played with code yet.

Last edited:

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been running it for a day or so. They changed the way pictures are stored in a different database so had to changed my extract programs.

Does anyone know if the 3 series is different from the 2 series in terms of hardware? I suppose I could spoof my 2 series to look like a 3 series to test.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

ftp.hikvision.ru

View attachment 74078

I'll be keeping an eye out for your post. Following the upgrade, the dropped frames persist on mine and occur even when there's little activity. I've had to reset one as it wasn't possible to switch to the main stream - just got a black screen each time. Curiously I noticed that during the night when the camera (DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL) is in mono, there is no frame drop even when there's lots of activity and motion. The frame drop started again at 7:11AM not too long after switching back to colour. I'm bemused...

kpnuts

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m no expert, I work for the NHS as my day job, so need some advice as to potentially where i’m going wrong?

Installed my CCTV system 7 months ago cat6 cable poe, installed nvr in the loft, fed a hdmi to the master bedroom so can I can view feed, all was working well, video was clear, then I upgraded the firmware a week ago on the NVR and cameras.

The picture in my opinion is clear and crisp. But when someone walks past now or a car is moving I get a ghosting or trail behind them.

My cameras & NVR - 3 turret type & 1 bullet all installed in the eeves of my property.

GUI 4.0

HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU ACUSENSE DARKFIGHTER IP TURRET CAMERA WITH BUILT IN MICROPHONE

HIKVISION DS-2CD2085G1-I 8MP 4K 30 METRE IR MINI BULLET CAMERA

HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2-8P 4K 8 CHANNEL NVR WITH INBUILT POE - UPTO 12MP

It must be a culmination of picture/image setting & camera settings. Also now when going to replay a motion detection or line crossing, the review video states “no resources”?

I’ve attached some pics of setting & images. Also attached a short clip too.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Kris
View attachment IMG_3809.mp4
View attachment IMG_3806.MOV
1EECB224-B8C5-4C34-A5A2-D4CC14FAA296.jpeg
9F62207C-A4E9-4EBD-A49E-9E5A6EEF65D9.jpeg
A0780629-637B-411E-A01D-10853838EE72.jpeg
732ED9B6-73A8-4B4D-83BD-6514C36FC06B.jpeg
2FC89B8F-908F-44EC-85CC-8AA85569D3D6.jpeg
C5489268-FD4D-41C7-9EAE-55F98E5354A7.jpeg16901B81-3742-4A78-A334-073C377D219C.jpeg

Attachments

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m no expert, I work for the NHS as my day job, so need some advice as to potentially where i’m going wrong?

Installed my CCTV system 7 months ago cat6 cable poe, installed nvr in the loft, fed a hdmi to the master bedroom so can I can view feed, all was working well, video was clear, then I upgraded the firmware a week ago on the NVR and cameras.

The picture in my opinion is clear and crisp. But when someone walks past now or a car is moving I get a ghosting or trail behind them.

My cameras & NVR - 3 turret type & 1 bullet all installed in the eeves of my property.

GUI 4.0

HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU ACUSENSE DARKFIGHTER IP TURRET CAMERA WITH BUILT IN MICROPHONE

HIKVISION DS-2CD2085G1-I 8MP 4K 30 METRE IR MINI BULLET CAMERA

HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2-8P 4K 8 CHANNEL NVR WITH INBUILT POE - UPTO 12MP

It must be a culmination of picture/image setting & camera settings. Also now when going to replay a motion detection or line crossing, the review video states “no resources”?

I’ve attached some pics of setting & images. Also attached a short clip too.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Kris
View attachment 74561
View attachment 74562
View attachment 74563
View attachment 74564
View attachment 74565
View attachment 74566
View attachment 74568
View attachment 74573View attachment 74570
You may have been better starting a new thread as this seems a bit off topic but anyway....

I've had issues with ghosting on vehicles, pedestrians with detached heads etc when using H265+ and so I tend to stick to H265. Though there is a specific issue that's addressed in the latest firmware 5.5.150 for ghost trails.

Your WDR settings. From what I've found the Auto setting is broke - try it. Set it to manual and try it at 5,10, 15 etc - you can see the incremental effect in the image. Set it to Auto and 0. You'll find the image instantly looks as though the WDR is set to 50 on manual - awful. I usually go no higher than 15 and won't use Auto. Rather than instantly cranking up the WDR to even out the exposure - it helps to first lower the contrast a bit. You'll get much more detail in the shadows particularly in night mode but without any undesired effects. If the default on the monitor is 39 drop it to 29 (the values are completely different when you use a browser)

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "ausmisc, publicación: 487336, miembro: 99634"]
Hola a todos,

EDITAR: El firmware 5.5.131 no tiene el problema de calidad.

He tenido problemas de calidad continuos con el último firmware para el DS-2CD2386G2-IU. He hablado con HikVision y han podido reproducirlo y me han proporcionado un firmware temporal que debería resolver el problema.

El nuevo firmware es 5.5.150 y parece que han agregado una nueva configuración para la función AcuSense como se ve en la imagen adjunta. Esta configuración solo está presente en los "Eventos inteligentes" y, al parecer, no está disponible para la detección de movimiento.

Actualmente estoy probando la nueva configuración para ver exactamente cómo responden.

Con respecto al problema de calidad de imagen que estaba teniendo, adjuntaré una imagen de ejemplo. La mejor manera en que puedo describir el problema es cuando ocurre el intervalo I-Frame, toda la imagen se bloqueará como si tuviera una tasa de bits realmente baja o artefactos de compresión.

Como dije, HikVision China ha confirmado que este es un problema en el firmware V5.5.134 y lanzará un nuevo firmware a fines de octubre.

Parece que el nuevo firmware que me han proporcionado no ha resuelto el problema de calidad. Es bueno ver una nueva función agregada para probar.
[/CITAR]
Disculpen acabo de comprar la cámara Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-IU pero en PTZ me dice LA CAMARA NO SOPORTA LA FUNCION, QUE PUEDO HACER PARA MOVERLA MANUAL O QUE ES LO CORRECTO GRACIAS POR SU AYUDA

Reaction score
Disculpen acabo de comprar la cámara Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-IU pero en PTZ me dice LA CAMARA NO SOPORTA LA FUNCION, QUE PUEDO HACER PARA MOVERLA MANUAL O QUE ES LO CORRECTO GRACIAS POR SU AYUDA

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What firmware are you guys successfully running currently?

I just got a new DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL and it's on V5.5.131 build 200220
Date: 03/2021

Wondering if I should upgrade it to something newer or just leave it as is? If so, anyone know where to get the best stable UK version?

The product page has Firmware_V5.7.3_211222, but it won't work for me.

Last edited: