DS-2CD2386G2-IU No Audio

harb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I just picked up my brand new DS-2CD2386G2-IU. It has a built in mic but I am getting no audio coming out. iVMS4200 says error opening audio stream and I am getting no audio through rtsp viewing through VLC. Everything is a default settings with nothing changed.

Any ideas please?

harb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OMG my friend you are a saint. That did it, I wasted most of my morning trying to get it to work but completly missed that setting.

Now if you can be so kind as to point me towards the newest/sable version of the firmware please? I found v5.5.150 on the uk portal - should I go with that?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now if you can be so kind as to point me towards the newest/sable version of the firmware please?
My advice, for a brand new camera, would be to get it configured up and to get used to how it performs against expectations before attempting to change the firmware.
Unless you've seen a Hikvision release note that references a problem on the firmware currently running that's fixed in v5.1.150

harb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Trouble is during my audio investigations I tried all different versions so now have ended up on 150, so im guess I might leave it on that.

It was from here: HIKVISION UK PORTAL