DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - Supplementary Light

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
I have had the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL recently fitted, it seems that the supplementary lights always stay on, my neighbours aren't very happy! Is there a way to change this so they come on only when it picks up movement rather than all the time?

Many thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the biggest problem with these cameras is people think they are magic. All cameras need light, simple physics - either white light or infrared, but this camera cannot see infrared so it needs white light.

If there isn't enough light, then the camera cannot see an object for motion detection.

Some of the firmware allows it, but Hik removed the ability in updates because like I said if the light isn't on, then the camera has trouble seeing an object and people were getting mad thinking the camera was defective because it wasn't triggering for motion. Plus when the light would kick on, then there is a momentary exposure issue and in some field of views the camera is quickly blinded during the money shot. But they bounce back and forth on if that is a feature or not.

Here is a video on how to set it up if your firmware allows it. So hint, if it does, then do not update the firmware or you may lose it again....

And if you find that the camera sucks without the light, then return it and get a camera that can see infrared...or tell your neighbors to suck it and keep the white light on all night LOL.

Last edited:

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply!
I have looked at the video and it seems like you have to log into the camera via the IP address it seems like I cannot log onto the camera via the cameras IP address its coming up not responding on the browser? The cameras are connected straight into the back of the NVR unit and all show green through the NVR settings with live view working, any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot log onto the camera via the cameras IP address its coming up not responding on the browser? The cameras are connected straight into the back of the NVR unit
Assuming it's a Hikvision NVR, you can access the camera's web GUI via the NVR web GUI if you enable the 'Virtual Host' facility in the NVR.

Depending on the NVR model and firmware version, enable Virtual host under Network | Advanced Settings | Other tab
Then use the column of links at the right hand side of System | Camera Management to access the NVR PoE-port-connected cameras.