DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Panoramic 4k

Sjoeltje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. You've got the S22 with the three lenses- not the Ultra- was it taken in 1x or 3x mode?

I've got an S22 as well- I would have thought the pictures would be brighter. Although, I do run my 8MP Colorvu at faster shutter speeds.
It is taken in 0.6 mode without the special night mode to see the actual overall light of the scene.

Sjoeltje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. You've got the S22 with the three lenses- not the Ultra- was it taken in 1x or 3x mode?

I've got an S22 as well- I would have thought the pictures would be brighter. Although, I do run my 8MP Colorvu at faster shutter speeds.
This is a screenshot from the 8MP, 2.8mm ColorVu DS-2CD2387G2-LU

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1/1.2cmos colorvu has more vivid pics than the panoramic camera, looks great too on this DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL

1655195809129.png

1655195832289.png

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ipcamtalk shop start selling it. Will have the bullet version too
Hi Andy, are they going to add freight costs onto the site's shop? I was looking through it a couple of days ago, added a camera to the cart but it looked like you have to enter all your details before you can get the freight charges?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is taken in 0.6 mode without the special night mode to see the actual overall light of the scene.
Okay, got it. Normal "Photo" mode and 0.6x. (I forgot about 0.6x, I usually am in the other modes that lock it out.)

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have a look on Ebay- there's a Chinese seller with them listed.

Ok. Thanks. Will do!

Ya, BI=Blue Iris!

As far as Blue Iris goes, I wonder if the output of the camera would be one channel with the 180 degree fov already splice together or would it be 2 seperate 90 degree fov channels. I'm guessing 2 channels.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Will do!

Ya, BI=Blue Iris!

As far as Blue Iris goes, I wonder if the output of the camera would be one channel with the 180 degree fov already splice together or would it be 2 seperate 90 degree fov channels. I'm guessing 2 channels.
I guess it depends on if each camera is assigned an IP address.

If so, then an NVR would consider it as two cameras counting against the NVR camera total, as would BI.

Sjoeltje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Will do!

Ya, BI=Blue Iris!

I think not the software but the hardware will stitch it together so I think only one channel will appear. Also the resolution stream settings are not configurable at all. Only one stream @5120 × 1440

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess it depends on if each camera is assigned an IP address.

If so, then an NVR would consider it as two cameras counting against the NVR camera total, as would BI.

The reason being is that like the boobie cam, it has 1 IP address and 2 streams, channel 1 and channel 2, just curiuos how this one is configured.
It would be great if this one uses only one stream-channel. On my BI install, the " + " , "add camera" is grayed out, can,t add any more cams unless I uninstall some!

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried a comparison with my 8MP 4mm Colorvu Gen2 with the S22 on 1x (closest equivalent view). The phone defaulted to 1/17s shutter speed and the pic was a bit worse than the Colorvu- with it operating at a quicker 1/50s exposure.

The panoramic would have been nice, but the narrow vertical viewing angle (and design of the front of my house) meant it wasn't going to work too well for me. I'm also not too sure how well it would work with my 7608 NVR- viewing it via the HDMI on a 4k TV?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

gecko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Andy,
Does it have a setting where the LEDs turn on when it gets dark out like the other ColorVU cameras? I find that the be the best deterrent so far. Having this thing with double would look extra nasty lol

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey Andy,
Does it have a setting where the LEDs turn on when it gets dark out like the other ColorVU cameras? I find that the be the best deterrent so far. Having this thing with double would look extra nasty lol
Says it does in the specs:

Illuminator
  • Supplement Light Type : White Light
  • Supplement Light Range : Up to 30 m
  • Smart Supplement Light : Yes