DS-2CD2432F-IW day/night switch problem

khell

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW which always switches to night mode (black and white) when there's enough light for day (colour) mode also.
See attached pictures, I tried to change the advanced settings (sensitivity, filtering time) but without luck. The firmware is the latest. I could use the scheduled switch, but if I close the doors for some reason there won't be enough light even in daytime and it should switch to IR.

auto.PNGscheduled.PNG

What else can I try to fine tune?

Thanks

Meltz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW which always switches to night mode (black and white) when there's enough light for day (colour) mode also.
See attached pictures, I tried to change the advanced settings (sensitivity, filtering time) but without luck. The firmware is the latest. I could use the scheduled switch, but if I close the doors for some reason there won't be enough light even in daytime and it should switch to IR.

View attachment 801View attachment 802

What else can I try to fine tune?

Thanks
I'm having the same exact problem. Seems like its not possible to switch without setting it to scheduled. If anyone has a fix to this issue I would gladly like to hear it as well.

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem. Seems like its not possible to switch without setting it to scheduled. If anyone has a fix to this issue I would gladly like to hear it as well.
Same problem with the 2532

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is how I have mine set. It switches based on amount of light, not by timed schedule:

Attachments

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also have the same issue with two of my Hikvision cameras. My bright porch lights wont make it switch to day mode. I wish it could be made more sensitive.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually i have the same issue too...I think for that camera its not based on how bright the room is, but on how much light is hitting the photo sensor (the green dot thing) I'm going to switch to another location in the same room and see how it goes.

Digger i'll try your settings too and see how it goes before I move it, thanks!

Reaction score
Actually i have the same issue too...I think for that camera its not based on how bright the room is, but on how much light is hitting the photo sensor (the green dot thing) I'm going to switch to another location in the same room and see how it goes.

Digger i'll try your settings too and see how it goes before I move it, thanks!

I have tried all of these settings, does any one have anything further on how you get the camera to switch settings?