DS-2CD2432F-IW has grainy picture in the dark

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like it. What's the approx cost of that PTZ?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it was around 850 - 900... Worth every penny!
Looks like the Hik version is almost double that. It says the IR 397', does it detect motion and start to track at that much distance?

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know if the lady across the street goes out her back door into her back yard, that's enough to trigger it to zoom and record. That's got to be more than a few hundred feet. I don't know if the video shows it very well, but the IR on the thing "kicks into high gear" at long distances and it's almost like a floodlight.

When I first got it I temporarily hung it on the back of the house to play with it. What I noticed is that if I pointed it waaaayyyy out into the distance, it would start to auto focus and then it was like a floodlight was on the area I was pointing it at. It lit up like daytime and I'd say that was out 200 - 300 feet easy.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Or.... you could buy 4, no better make it 6 Huisun mini PTZ for same price mount them all in one spot and cover every inch of your driveway :D
AHHH!!! What was I thinking??? I feel so dumb now! :laugh:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@jmburton2001, that's awesome and I have a large backyard that it would be perfect for. @klasipca, those 4 motors could be disturbing at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I Google both the LTS and the HV model you mentioned and wow, HV is almost $900 more for what visually at least looks like the same camera...why is that?!

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I Google both the LTS and the HV model you mentioned and wow, HV is almost $900 more for what visually at least looks like the same camera...why is that?!
I wish I had an answer for that because the LTS cameras are actually Hikvision cameras rebranded by LTS.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does LTS have a 2/3 year warranty and do they have good support (help desk, firmware updates, etc)?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was very serious about this subject
Sorry if there's a misunderstanding but here's your post I was responding to. Noting your smiley face I'm pretty sure you were kidding as well.

"Or.... you could buy 4, no better make it 6 Huisun mini PTZ for same price mount them all in one spot and cover every inch of your driveway "