DS-2CD2432F-IW Nightvision/IR not working?

BearDenBob

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought one of these cameras and am having difficulty getting any usable image out of night mode with IR. In a dark room, the image is almost completely black and no real detail is visible unless it is almost within a foot of the camera lens. I’ve adjusted settings to match exactly those recommended, and tried every imaginable combination of exposure/ Smart IR on/off, gain adjusts, etc. and have verified that the IR led is on and goes on/off automatically, but the image is nearly black. Any thoughts? Could the IR led be faulty? It glows red when called for, but other than that I have no way of knowing if it's working. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Attempts to contact Hikvision tech support have been futile.

Thanks,
Bob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the ir cut filter is stuck...try enabling and disabling nigh vision to see if it will dislodge...you can also try tapping it....
Where did you buy the camera from?

BearDenBob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - tried tapping the camera but didn't notice any difference. When it switches in/out of night mode I do hear a faint click. Should I be able to see anything inside the lens when filter is engaged? I looked into the lens when activating night mode and didn't see anything discernable flipping into our out of position.

The camera was purchased off Amazon, but fulfilled by the seller "HD Security Store".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You wont be able to see the filter engage...if you cannot see the room even when night mode is engaged something is broken...Hikvision will not provide support..they dont sell to or support end users...you need to contact the seller and ask for an exchange.