DS-2CD2432F-IW PIR sensitivity adjustment?

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
I just finished installing a DS-2CD2432F-IW above my front door. I went w/ this cam even though it's an indoor model because the location is completely sheltered and I wanted to use the PIR motion detector instead of using image detection (too many false alarms) or buying an external PIR. The install went find and everything is working great... except that the PIR is WAY too sensitive. See the attached picture - it's detecting motion every time a car drives buy on street in the upper left of the image. The idea that it would detect motion that far out never entered my mind.

I can't find any sensitivity adjustment on the camera or in firmware. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the detection range?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just finished installing a DS-2CD2432F-IW above my front door. I went w/ this cam even though it's an indoor model because the location is completely sheltered and I wanted to use the PIR motion detector instead of using image detection (too many false alarms) or buying an external PIR. The install went find and everything is working great... except that the PIR is WAY too sensitive. See the attached picture - it's detecting motion every time a car drives buy on street in the upper left of the image. The idea that it would detect motion that far out never entered my mind.

I can't find any sensitivity adjustment on the camera or in firmware. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the detection range?
It cannot be adjusted...you may be better off using the line cross detection...
You may be able to cover the sensor or a portion of it...to make it less sensitive. Also make sure you didn't accidentally enabled motion detection as well... Seems odd that the pir would reach that far...

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I figured. I checked all the other alarm conditions and they're all off so it has to be the PIR. I guess I'll try some pieces of electrical tape and see if I can't mask that one area off.