DS-2CD2432F-IW - Playback shows yesterday's recordings on today's timeline

ipcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
On my Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW, playback shows yesterday's recordings on today's timeline. This appears to be a bug which fetches the wrong recordings.

My firmware version is V5.2.5 build 141201 and encoding version is V5.0 build 140714. - Is there a newer version that I should upgrade to which would fix this issue?

Did anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@ipcamman Dont install new firmware unless you know for certain its a USA camera or you know what you are doing...I have never seen this issue, its likely that the camera is fine...are you sure the time and date are set correctly and the you are entering the proper dates for playback?

ipcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
@ipcammanDont install new firmware ....are you sure the time and date are set correctly
Yesterday evening was my first use of the camera. For the first hour last evening, the camera time was incorrectly set to today morning. I then corrected the time.
I think that is why I see those recordings on today morning's timeline. I think it should now be fine. I will post here if the issue reccurs.

I saw that most threads here are about firmware installation - I am guessing it is giving some people headaches . I shall be careful with the upgrade.

Thanks for all the help