Ds-2cd2432f-iws

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my camera connected to wifi. I got it all set up and it worked....until I unplugged the power supply to move it. Now it will not re-connect. Suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my camera connected to wifi. I got it all set up and it worked....until I unplugged the power supply to move it. Now it will not re-connect. Suggestions?

Welcome to the forum...have you reserved the ip address for the camera in your router? or set the ip to static?

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I set the IP in sadp, then logged onto the camera to set up the wifi. I entered the wifi ssid and pw, then changed camera mode to wlan. I unchecked DHCP and ensured the IP was correct.

I then saved and unplugged the land cable. The camera worked and I could see in BI so I unplugged the power supply and moved it. When I plugged it back in, no connection.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I set the IP in sadp, then logged onto the camera to set up the wifi. I entered the wifi ssid and pw, then changed camera mode to wlan. I unchecked DHCP and ensured the IP was correct.

I then saved and unplugged the land cable. The camera worked and I could see in BI so I unplugged the power supply and moved it. When I plugged it back in, no connection.

The ip will change when switching between lan and wlan...leave dhcp on and try again...then scan with sadp..you will find it...use dhcp reservation in your router.

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like it's going signal problem. Works well near router but not further away....dang...everything else gets good signal. I have two routers (one in repeater mode) to cover the whole house. No problem with everything else. Anyone know what the range is on these things?

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
The ip will change when switching between lan and wlan...leave dhcp on and try again...then scan with sadp..you will find it...use dhcp reservation in your router.
I reassigned a new static IP that was different than Lan and it worked. Needed static for BI to be able to pull it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wifi is total junk for IP Cameras, its not recommended.. you have to run a wire for power anyhow, so run an ethernet cable or use power-line networking.

You need a solid connection between the camera and the storage medium, Wifi and BluIris DO NOT mix.. that camera is only suitable on WiFi if your saving to local SD Storage, otherwise it has to be wired.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I reassigned a new static IP that was different than Lan and it worked. Needed static for BI to be able to pull it.

BI has no idea whether the ip is static or dhcp...the issue was that you assigned the same ip for the lan and wlan.

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
Power line is a good thought since I have to plug the power supply in anyway...

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
BI has no idea whether the ip is static or dhcp...the issue was that you assigned the same ip for the lan and wlan.
How do you set up a camera in BI if it's DHCP since you have to input an IP?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you get the IP from your router or doing a network scan..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you set up a camera in BI if it's DHCP since you have to input an IP?

Every modern router allows dhcp reservation...this keeps the ip the same for the camera...its based on the mac address (note the there is a unique mac address for the lan and wlan)..simply reserve the ip and use it in BI.