DS-2CD2532F-IWS on V5.4.0 build 160530 loses "Enable Motion Detection"

grfloater

n3wb
Reaction score
Happened several times, stops motion triggered recording, after some hours of setting it all right.
Example: Yesterday set up "Basic Event" (with or without "Dynamic", does not affect it) and I was watching it on web interface, till late afternoon. Had several triggered recordings, average every few minutes (people passing). Today I saw that the last recording was at 08:00 in the morning. Nothing on log (only start and stop of alarms). Arming schedule is set properly, no gaps. SD is new 16G Samsung (changed it, thinking it had something to do with problem) and has still space (has not overwrite yet).
What I discover in every such case is that the camera loses the tick box of "Enable Motion Decoding" on itself (password strong, no other access).
I have two identical 2532f, same firmware 5.4.0, the second never lost a beat.
Anyone having similar experience?
Should I upgrade to V5.4.5 ?
TIA

2532playback.PNG

2532motion.PNG

2532storage.PNG

grfloater

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi again,
I am almost sure now: one of my 2532f domes on V5.4.0, every morning at 08:00 arbitrary stops recording events. When I check on web interface, the "Enable Motion Detection" check box is un-ticked and the sensitivity (for basic event) is reset to 60, while I set it to 20, each time. Pls see attached.
I re-wrote the scedule settings (thinking maybe there is a glitch at 08:00), no luck. Log also does not show anything, just the last alarm recording. The microSD is at perfect shape, I estimate an (almost full day's) recording does not occupy more than 20% of its 16GB capacity.
- Is there something I can check with telnet/ssh?
- should I try upgrading to Raptor V5.4.5 ?
- could someone point me to Hik support (email?) , cause I believe it is a bug? are they responsive?
TIA

2532log.PNG

2532event.PNG

grfloater

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah, thank you, drives me crazy!
No sir, under "Configuration | Image | Scheduled Image Settings" I have it left in "Auto-Switch" (never touched it).
I was suspecting also some "left over" shedule, searched all over, nothing.
Also, the fact that at 08:00 resets also the sensitivity to 60% (from 20% that I put), makes me think it is some other (buggy) force and not a schedule...

grfloater

n3wb
Reaction score
Eureka!

When you are stuck with no answers, even an indication may help (shedule, anywhere)... thanks Alastair!

Long shot - do you have a schedule enabled under Configuration | Image ?
I know it's apparently not related, but it's a schedule.
It was the EZVIZ... I do not remember ever setting it, it defaulted somehow:
in https://ieu.ezvizlife.com/ under System Management> Device Management> Device Information, the Motion Detection Alarm was set every day 00:00-08:00. I first put it 00:00-24:00 (as with the first attached snap), then noticed the "will disable at 24:00...", also I do not remember the camera re-triggering motion (when was 00:00-08:00) next day at 00:00... maybe I was not patient to leave it for second day... but to be on the safe side, I deleted all schedule from EZVIZ, now prints "Not Configured" in schedule (second attached snap).
And voila! Recording goes OK, motion triggered, all 24h.
In my opinion, settings in EZVIZ should reflect/precaution on camera (web) interface as well.

Hope I raise concern to anyone else, using cloud recording.

2532ezviz.PNG

2532ezviz_empty.PNG