DS-2CD2635F-IS will not connect to my NVR

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey,

My problem is to get connection with my third camera (different from the other two). My system is not connected to the ethernet yet, because connection is not installed in my house. But it seems like this IP camera requires internet connection to work?

Does any of you know default IP-adresses that I can Adress the camera to make it work on the local system?

I can see that the IR-lights ilumminate, so I know that the camera itself works, but I think it has something to do with the values that is programmed into my NVR.

Please help me:)

Thaanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My system is not connected to the ethernet yet, because connection is not installed in my house. But it seems like this IP camera requires internet connection to work?
For your local network accesses to camera and NVR, the internet is not needed.
Does any of you know default IP-adresses that I can Adress the camera to make it work on the local system?
Depending on whether the camera is not connected to a PoE port on your (unspecified) NVR, the SADP tool will find all Hikvision devices on the same wiring as the PC, independent of what the IP address of the camera relative to the PC is : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Once found, you can activate if required, and change the IP address as needed.
It's a must-have tool for Hikvision devices.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @alastairstevenson
Thanks for the advice. My NVR model: Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P 5MP 2TB.
My camera DS-2CD2635F-IS is coupled to my NVR through POE-port nr 1.
When I choose menu->camera I only get network is not reachable, eventhough the camera is connected to port 1. I also have inserted correct password for the camera, but it still wont connect.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera isn't going to connect automatically via the Plug&Play option, you need to match the IP address of the camera to the IP address of the PoE channel you want to connect it to.
An easy-to-try suggestion:
Note down the IP address of the NVR PoE channel 1 - likely to be 192.168.254.2
If you haven't already done so, install the really useful Hikvision tool SADP on your PC : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port.
Run SADP. It will show the cameras and the NVR.
Select the camera in question, and change it's IP address to match the NVR PoE channel IP address you noted down.
Set the camera default gateway to the NVR PoE interface IP address, likely to be 192.168.254.1
Connect the PC back to the LAN, access the NVR web GUI and confirm the camera is now showing as OK.