DS-2CD2732F-IS Setup problems

bcurrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

Got a chinese version of the DS-2CD2732F-IS. I hooked it up to my switch in the garage. The camera powered on fine. I then opened up SADP, and found the unit and changed the ip address to 192.x.x.150. Everything looked great.

I then went into Synology Surveillance Station and set the camera up there. It worked great and I was able to see images from the camera.

Today, I mounted the camera on the porch. I plugged it in to the cat 5e and the IR lights came on as well as the little red light inside.

After it was hung up, i pulled out my phone to see what adjustments needed to be made to the viewing angle. The camera never showed up on my network (using FING - it did show up last night). I checked the synology SADP again, and nothing appears.

The red light inside the unit is on, but I get no other indications that it's working or connected to my network. Any ideas on what I need to do? Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera powered on fine. I then opened up SADP, and found the unit and changed the ip address to 192.x.x.150. Everything looked great.
On this first, and sensible, test activity, did you use a different power supply and cable from those you finally used when installed?
If so, for either, the first thing to do is to change either or both to assess if one is faulty.