DS-2CD2E20F-W

scheka

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello every one,

I am own of the following camera, DS-2CD2E20F-W (V5.4.3 build 160705), which I bought a few years ago in CN, it runs fine, just have a general question,
According to Hikvision portal there should be an update for the camera:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com)
When I try to install one of the next upgrades, I get the following error message every time,
1626171938148.png
What could be the reason.
Thank you very much.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are lucky, that the camera did not turn into a brick. Chinese hacked cameras are not upgradable.

-------------------
If it is not broke do not fix it.

If there is not a specific problem you are having that needs to be fixed by the specific upgrade do not upgrade the firmware.

It is possible that when you upgrade you will lose features that you were using. There are 100s of posts about people who have bricked there cameras trying to upgrade. This is not a PC or Mac, it does not need to be upgraded.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are upgradable, but with the Chinese firmware (device will then have Chinese language and won't work with English NVRs etc).

Just make sure your device is not accessible from the Internet, and ideally can't send outbound traffic either and you should be fine.

scheka

n3wb
Reaction score
ok,
I use for archiving/recording events own NAS, that's enough for my private area.

@watchful_ip
Also, I use HikConnect, which means when I do update I can no longer use the app, right?