DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5 + 5.6.3_190923 = broken basic motion sensing

Reaction score
Motion sensing was working fine on the previous firmware (5.5.61), but with the new firmware, I can set up basic motion sensing events and see the motion sensing occurring with dynamic analysis enabled, but the camera no longer records snapshots or video no matter how sensitive I make the motion detection settings. Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue on this camera or other models. I tried downgrading firmware, but apparently Hikvision does not allow downgrades, so I'm stuck with this until either Hikvision fixes something, or I realize that I made some sort of configuration mistake.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That a G1 camera right?

If so, you can use the minisys rearranger posted if you have a USB <> TTL adaptor and access to the camera's UART connector to flash it. Then should be possible to downgrade.

I don't know if that's needed for your issue but it's an option.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try reset all setting at your ipc.
Downgrade is possible for 5.6.2 this g0 series without usb-ttl via rebuild firmware head. For 5.6.3 - is unknown!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try reset all setting at your ipc.
Downgrade is possible for this g0 series without usb-ttl via rebuild firmware head
I was hoping to avoid resetting the camera, but its reasonable to try that before going through the hack downgrade procedure. I'll probably call Hikvision on Monday as well.

Reaction score
Reset all settinf after upgrate to new 5.6.3 - in normal.
Some people say that resetting should be performed after any wifi router firmware upgrade, but so far, I've not ever needed to do that despite many router firmware upgrades to several different routers over the last three years. I was hoping Hikvision firmware would be high enough quality to not need to do a reset, but perhaps its not...

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was hoping Hikvision firmware would be high enough quality to not need to do a reset, but perhaps its not...
It's normal practise.
Hik & Dahua recomend for some model of their devices do full reset ufter upgrade.
It's easy & simple.
Maybe you something do wrong & your detection stop.

Reaction score
I agree a reset is not hard, but its a bit of a pain. Can I save the config and import it after the reset? I know this isn't typically recommended for wifi routers, but wondering if its ok for Hivision cameras.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Of course you can save your configuration, but it it broken ...?
You just draw new area & set senses for your motion detection & that's all.
What other special setting you use?

Reaction score
I've already erased and recreated the basic motion sensing areas. That had no effect. I thought you meant a full reset performed in the System section. After that, presumably I'd have to set up NAS and FTP connections, email info, video settings, event settings, camera name, time server, DST settings, and a few others. I can take screen shots of everything before a reset, so its not hard, but still a pain... :)

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Double check all your cam settings. On two occasions I've had a setting or two go back to default after a firmware upgrade. No idea why.

Reaction score
After wasting the better part of a day testing various configurations, I'm reasonably certain that the basic motion detection system when operating in Expert mode is borked in the v5.6.3 firmware. This is all of course using the camera's motion sensing algorithms rather then an NVR. After doing a settings reset on the camera, I found through experimentation that the sensitivity and percentage settings in Expert mode aren't working. Instead, "Normal" mode sensitivity is being used. Or to put it another way, if I go into Normal mode, set the sensitivity to a low value, save the settings, switch back to Expert mode, and save the settings, then motion is not easily converted into an Event no matter what values I use for Expert mode sensitivity and percentage. And if I go back into Normal mode and set the sensitivity to a high value, then in Expert mode, motion is readily converted into an Event irrespective of Expert mode sensitivity and percentage. Rather amazing that a company like Hikvision would get this so badly wrong. I wonder if they are going to fix this after I tell them about it.

Reaction score
So, I just got off the phone with Hikvision USA tech support where I was told that Expert mode motion sensing functionality has been disabled, and the entire Expert mode capability will be eliminated in a future firmware. No explanation as to why could be provided. Cute. I was also told that major changes were made to Normal mode motion sensing to make it work much better than it has before. So if you like Expert mode, don't upgrade to 5.6.0+.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, what about official downgrade?
They help you or ..?
I hope I am wrong but I assume they didn't help. Would be good if they did though.

Should at least be mentioned in patch notes so we can see what is removed before we upgrade!

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but I assume they didn't help. Would be good if they did though.

Should at least be mentioned in patch notes so we can see what is removed before we upgrade!
The tech didn't know a downgrade wasn't possible. He didn't believe me when I told him it wouldn't work, so I allowed a remote session onto my computer where he saw for himself. After that, he got on the phone with Product Development where, along with the info I provided in my earlier post, he was told that no downgrade path was available due to major changes in the firmware code. Not sure what that means for the existing methods for hacking a downgrade that have been described in this forum. Presumably someone will try eventually.

My hope at this point is that Hikvision will move some of the Expert mode features into Normal mode, in particular the ability to set day/night sensitivity values. However, considering it was one year between firmware updates, I don't have much expectation that this will happen.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The tech didn't know a downgrade wasn't possible. He didn't believe me when I told him it wouldn't work, so I allowed a remote session onto my computer where he saw for himself. After that, he got on the phone with Product Development where, along with the info I provided in my earlier post, he was told that no downgrade path was available due to major changes in the firmware code. Not sure what that means for the existing methods for hacking a downgrade that have been described in this forum. Presumably someone will try eventually.
My hope at this point is that Hikvision will move some of the Expert mode features into Normal mode, in particular the ability to set day/night sensitivity values. However, considering it was one year between firmware updates, I don't have much expectation that this will happen.
Downgrade is real with modifired mImage_g1. Of course need open your ipc & connect to ttl
I test it at my ds-2cd2423g0-i

For prev R6 series hikvision made itself downgrade frmware. For this G1 fimware for them it possible too, but, yet there is no critical mass of calls