DS-2CD3145F-I cannot login with default password

badmana

n3wb
Reaction score
This camera has been a huge problem. I received it yesterday and added it to my NVR network and it didn't work. I thought I needed new firmware so I updated and had various problems but finally solved it, updating my 7604N E1/4P to 3.4.0

When I scanned for the camera again it wouldn't find it. I used ONVIF and HIKVISION protocols and I'd get "unable to reach network" messages. The camera is drawing power and the cable is good.

I finally pulled it off the wall and attached it to my LAN powered with a 12V adapter and SADP can see the device but I can't log into it or make network changes. I changed my IP to 192.0.0.10 and got the login screen but its telling me the password is wrong.

I used what I thought was the default 12345 but it didn't work. I used admin/admin and it's wrong too. I can't use blank since it asks for me to enter something. I think the someone added a password to this camera.

Is there any way to hard reset this camera without messing with the firmware? It came with 5.3.3. Can I get a password reset done via Hikvision for a camera from Aliexpress? I didn't know before but I know now that these cameras are almost all grey market units and they might not support me.

badmana

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: I didn't know the camera had a reset button hidden next to the lens. I reset it and managed to get the password changed. In fact, the reset fixed everything. I plugged it into my NVR and it picked it up right away.

Now everything works and I vow never to mess with it again :D

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Password 123456789abc
Before you can use new model camera's you must activate them first.
This is to stop poor level passwords or leaving them as default.

badmana

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I managed to reset and then changed the password using the web portal. It never gave me that chance before.

faskanouri

n3wb
Reaction score
hi to every body
i have 6 cameras Hikvision DS-2CD3145F and i Restore all parameters to default settings.
the default pass was 1234567a
after the default settings , this pass not work
i try 12345 , 123456789abc , but nothing work .

any ideas ?