DS-2CD3145F-I to English

Buggah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I succesfully updated all my CH DS-2CD2X32-I cams to english 5.4.5 with the guides on this site, thank you very much.

Luckely I noticed I also have a DS-2CD3145F-I before I attempted the upgrade procedure. This cam is running 5.3.8 ENG hacked. After reading the forum I could not find a clear answer whether or not there is an option to upgrade this cam to 5.4.5 english.

Is it possible?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I succesfully updated all my CH DS-2CD2X32-I cams to english 5.4.5 with the guides on this site, thank you very much.
Well done!
I could not find a clear answer whether or not there is an option to upgrade this cam to 5.4.5 english.
You would need to use hacked firmware to do this, as the camera does not store its hardware signature in a flash partition as the DS-2CD2x32 cameras do.
The modified firmware would masquerade the language value obtained from the secured hardware signature block.

Buggah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok; are you talking about this thread:
Certainly that would be one of the essential tools for getting inside the firmware to figure out how it works.
Whether any modified version could evade the validation / anti-tamper tripwires is another matter though!
There are quite a few in the R0 series firmware, but able to be circumvented, however Hikvision have upped their game quite a lot on other series.
It's a pity the effort doesn't go into improving functionality - which is actually pretty good anyway - instead of trying to catch the modders out.