DS-2CD3145F-IS - (CN version on 5.3.8) - language mismatch with UK NVR

Jugglerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have several of these cameras - all chinese language. Is there any way I can make a change to them (firmware patch) that will allow them to work with my UK Hikvision NVR ? (To get around the language mismatch problem, im not worried about the language being CN I just want them to work with my NVR)

I can see a way of doing it with the 2CD2xx range of cameras but dont think this will work with mine?

DS-2CD3145F-IS - CN version on 5.3.8

Many thanks !! I

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see a way of doing it with the 2CD2xx range of cameras but dont think this will work with mine?
No, the method used for R0 series relies on the camera 'hardware signature block' being stored in flash such that it can be altered.
Your R6 CN cameras store that data in a protected security chip, so the only solution would be 'hacked to English' firmware.

Unless your NVR happens to not enforce the language check when the cameras are connected as ONVIF.
This varies with the model and firmware version.
An ONVIF connection, if it worked, would though remove the ability to use 'smart events'

Jugglerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks. They won’t work on my NVR either with hik or Onvif protocol
Is their any known hacked to English firmware available for this model do you know?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is their any known hacked to English firmware available for this model do you know?
It's bound to exist, but I've not seen any shared publicly for the language mismatch error.
I did some a while back for the 'network_deamon' (sic) issues, but that was in scripts as opposed to davinci, so was easy in comparison.

Jugglerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it make any difference that this backdoor method still works on my camera (...well I can see the config file if I submit this command to the camera)....

http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it make any difference that this backdoor method still works on my camera
I don't believe so.
I have a vague recollection that the early firmware in Hikvision NVRs retained a language setting in the configuration file between firmware updates, but I've not seen this in the cameras.
I should have a go at doing some firmware for you to experiment with.
Though a bit of a shot in the dark without the hardware to test on.