DS-2CD3345-I Cannot Change Firmware/PW

nz850

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, tried it but it did not work. I guess that loophole has been patched in firmware 5.5.0.

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I may have same problem as you had but am not totally am clear how you solved yours.

My situation:
1. Two DS-CD3345 cameras, software version %.4.24, build 170303, DSP version V7.3 build 170119 running on Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7 pro) ivms-4200 PC-NVR v2.0.1 build 140122
2. I was trying to change the IP addresses and default gateways of my cameras and windows server since I was changing to a different internet router.
3. My passwords didn't seem to work as i couldn't change anything under SADP under Tools v1.20.5 Build20140211
4. I found out that i could get into cameras via "Import Camera" tab in ivms4200 software. I think I somehow changed the IP address from 192.168.0.221 to 10.0.0.22 (instead of the intended 10.0.0.221) and confirmed under SADP. Could not change default gateway from 192.168.0.1 to 10.0.0.1 , I may have tried to change the password at same time (ME BAD).
5. To my horror, since IP address was changed, I couldn't get back into camera to make the correct IP changes via ivms4200.
6. I then discovered that the other identical model camera on 192.168.0.222 was accessible via a shortened version of the password that I thought should have been encoded into each of the two cameras.

I wonder if my password to only 1st camera had been hacked since I was port forwarding to see cameras?? However I think I did access camera for IP change via ivms4200.

MY QUESTION:
A. What is the best way to try to reset my 1st camera PW? Try to extract the firmware from my 2nd camera (which I now can access via web browser) and then use TFTP?

B. I do have a inquiry to Hikvision but do not believe they will help me with these Chinese cams. Tried the ip camtalk password reset tool but the security code generated did not work.
Other alternatives?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if my password to only 1st camera had been hacked since I was port forwarding to see cameras??
Possible but unlikely as that version of firmware doesn't have the Hikvision backdoor vulnerablity.
Common passwords changed ro on hacked cameras are 1111aaaa and asdf1234

A. What is the best way to try to reset my 1st camera PW? Try to extract the firmware from my 2nd camera (which I now can access via web browser) and then use TFTP?
The passwords are not held in the firmware - they are held in a configuration data block.

I think I somehow changed the IP address from 192.168.0.221 to 10.0.0.22
That does sound like you had the correct password at that point.

Suggestion :
Use SADP to determine the IP address.
Change the PC IP address to be in the same range as that of the camera.
Point the browser (ideally IE11) at the IP address to access the login dialogue.
If you think you've used a password that's too long - try a shortened version, say 16 characters.

If all else fails - the Hikvision tftp updater will reset the camera to defaults if you use it to install the same firmware as is already installed.

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I believe I was able to change the IP address thru the ivms4200 PCNVR software.

Will try the SADP password reset; re-guessing the PW. then TFTP.

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to access the camera with unknown password on SADP, VER. 3.0.1.4 downloaded from ipcamtalk.

a. tried guessing password but unsuccessful.
B. generated the .xml file attached.

Can u help in password reset?

Never heard back from Hikvision. If I have to go TFTP, where is best place to get best firmware? from my other camera, same model and firmware number?

Thanks,

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
generated the .xml file attached.
To my knowledge, only someone with access to Hikvision's support systems can create the response code from that file.

Just in case that version of firmware does have the Hikvision backdoor - even though I don't believe it does - maybe try if this URL will extract a configuration file without authorisation :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In my experience, these cameras don't reset their configuration upon TFTP.

I think the best bet would be to access the cameras via USB TTY UART (search the forum if you don't know what I'm talking about).

That should be able to get you back in one way or another.