DS-2CD4B36FWD-IZS Password reset

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I picked up this DS-2CD4B36FWD-IZS camera from South West Computer Recycling on ebay, at the time I was out of the UK, when I eventually returned I tried to fit this camera but of course I had forgotten to ask the vendor if it was password protected and of course it was (I have tried all the usual admin 12345 etc), anyway it is out of the return window now and I am wondering if there is any way to reset the password ? its v5.5.0 and 10/17 manufacture date. There is a push micro-switch under the cover next to the SD card slot, will this reset the camera ?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a push micro-switch under the cover next to the SD card slot, will this reset the camera ?
I'm not familiar with that specific model - but that does sound like the usual reset button.

To use it -
Power off the camera, press and hold the reset button, power on the camera, wait about 30 seconds, release the button.
SADP should now show the camera at the default IP address, and show status as Inactive.
You will be able to Activate by specifying your own strong password, then be able to set the IP address to match what your network requires.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that specific model - but that does sound like the usual reset button.

To use it -
Power off the camera, press and hold the reset button, power on the camera, wait about 30 seconds, release the button.
SADP should now show the camera at the default IP address, and show status as Inactive.
You will be able to Activate by specifying your own strong password, then be able to set the IP address to match what your network requires.

Thanks very much for your help

One more thing, I just fitted a
Hikvision DS-2CD2H85FWD-IZS 8MP Motorised Zoom Turret Network Camera in my driveway and when I look at the lens from a certain angle it appears that there may be a peel off lens protector, I did try and get it off using my nail but as it seemed not to want to move I stopped. Do you happen to know if there is indeed a lens protector or have any advice about this ?

Thanks again

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when I look at the lens from a certain angle it appears that there may be a peel off lens protector
It's quite common to have a peel-off lens protector - and in my experience it's pretty obvious, and easy to remove. They usually have a tab such that it's easy to lift off.
And if you don't remove it, the image will be affected.
How is the image?

Sorry, but I don't know if that specific model ships with one.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's quite common to have a peel-off lens protector - and in my experience it's pretty obvious, and easy to remove. They usually have a tab such that it's easy to lift off.
And if you don't remove it, the image will be affected.
How is the image?

Sorry, but I don't know if that specific model ships with one.
There is no obvious tab or anything the image looks fine but then again this is a 4k camera and my dedicated monitor for general viewing is only 720p, I will see if I can get a better look later.

Thanks for your help again

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

To use it -
Thanks for your advice Alastair this camera is now online :lol: