DS-2CD6986F-H

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, this is happening - Wasn't sure how a 180 degree camera worked in BI so set it up temporarily and found out it works just like any other camera, except with a nice wide view. Will get it up and share how it looks and works, soon.

It is a bit of a pig though - large and heavy (12lbs) with wall mount bracket. I plan to put it on the front of my shop/building so I have a view of the entry and pretty much the entire road in front - it will have to be mounted high, about 20' up.

DS-2CD6986F-H
IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mounted it today.

Purpose of this cam is to be a display as well as show general activity - it isn't meant to specifically identify anyone.
Problem: My shop building is close to the road and the cameras is mounted high - I was hoping for a view down on my front door and catch the entire road as well as intersections, it almost does it but doesn't quite have the vertical field that I hoped for.
The part I am not pleased about is the poor 'stitch' of the 2 outer cameras. If you look close enough as this snapshot you can see the 2 center cameras stitched together nice but those outer 2 bother me. Going to see what Hikvision has to say about it.

PanoVueStitchIssue.JPG

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was an easy fix, after all.

I was using iVMS 4200 client to access the cameras configuration page but the configuration page does not show the Image Stitching adjustments through iVMS 4200.
Using IE to access the configuration page does show the Image Stitching adjustments. Looks good now.

pancam1.JPG