DS-2CV3Q21FD-IW, problem with access from internet

CKae

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here.

Glad to find this forum. Recently bought a Chinese version of Hikivsion Q1, model DS-2CV3Q21FD-IW.

I regretted buying this cam for several reasons:
-no web interface (knew before purchase but now find it really borders me)
-chinese version, must also use simplified chinese version of iVMS to do configuration (though i can read chinese)
-no ONVIF (misread the specification)

Anyway, I have already bought it so I tried to make the most of it. The problem is, I can't access this Q1 cam from the internet. I have changed the default http port and set the corresponding port forwarding rules in the router.

There's a setting for the service port which I don't know what it is. I have made port forwarding for this port also, yet the cam still can't be accessed from the internet.

Is there something I have missed? For information, I have basic knowledge in port forwarding and DDNS, and have successfully setup my router and my 2 other IP cams (1 Maygion and 1 TP-Link) for internet access.

Thanks a lot in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here.

Glad to find this forum. Recently bought a Chinese version of Hikivsion Q1, model DS-2CV3Q21FD-IW.

I regretted buying this cam for several reasons:
-no web interface (knew before purchase but now find it really borders me)
-chinese version, must also use simplified chinese version of iVMS to do configuration (though i can read chinese)
-no ONVIF (misread the specification)

Anyway, I have already bought it so I tried to make the most of it. The problem is, I can't access this Q1 cam from the internet. I have changed the default http port and set the corresponding port forwarding rules in the router.

There's a setting for the service port which I don't know what it is. I have made port forwarding for this port also, yet the cam still can't be accessed from the internet.

Is there something I have missed? For information, I have basic knowledge in port forwarding and DDNS, and have successfully setup my router and my 2 other IP cams (1 Maygion and 1 TP-Link) for internet access.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Dont expose this camera to the net. You will be hacked.
See the VPN primer for Noobs thread.