DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 three cameras all of them have water inside the dome

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi to all,

I have had 4 of the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 installed with the DS-1294ZJ-PT wall mount bracket outdoors, out the the 4 cameras 3 of them have gotten water inside the dome and one of the is perfectly dry. I am at a lost as to why this is happening and no one seems to have an answer, the cameras have not all come from the same vendor although the one vendor did send me 2 cameras but both of them right after it rained had moisture inside the dome.
Has anyone installed these cameras outdoors with the same bracket and had water go inside the camera's dome?
If anyone has the answer please let me know I would like to use these cameras since they meet my criteria for my needs but I keep buying them but the same thing happens every time with the exception of one of them.

thanks

Attachments

RAF_S7

n3wb
Reaction score
Tbh it looks more like condensation judging by where it is on the dome (if water, gravity would pool it at the lowest point.)

I have two HikV domes, although not as exposed as yours, and never had a water ingress issue.

Have you tried putting some of those silica moisture absorbing packs inside (think they ship with one installed)

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Those pictures were taken early when i noticed the moisture, after it just keep getting worse until there is an actual small puddle on the bottom of the globe. The pictures were of the first one, the second was the same and here is a picture of the second one were you can see the puddle underneath the globe. Now the third one from a different vendor has started to get moisture inside of it, no puddle yet but eventually it gets there.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had 4 of the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 installed with the DS-1294ZJ-PT wall mount bracket outdoor
Does that camera have an RJ45 socket or audio / alarm connector in the base, or does the ethernet cable go straight into the camera?

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it has a cable that goes right into the camera from the top, I fished it through the mount bracket the cable coming into the camera is well protected by the mount and it does not seem to have or retain any moisture. On this third camera which now has moisture inside i even when as far as siliconing around the mount to the wall, I also silicone the joint were the camera twist into the mount. At this time the only joints i have not silicone are the joints between the white plastic body and the IR plastic. Every other joint between the camera and the mount have been silicone. I am really perplexed as to why this is happened on three of the cameras yet the one next to it is perfectly dry and I don't even want to touch that one.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.
Did you manage to solve this issue?

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.
Did you manage to solve this issue?
No way to solve it, I had to change brand and go with a no name chinese brand, which has worked out decently but here is the weird part about these cameras and setup, I have the same exact camera with the same bracket right next to one of the ones who got water in them and that one camera has shown no symptom of any water getting in. So it's a real shame that such excellent camera has that one particular problem and no one seems to know the answer to the problem. I was lucky enough that i bought it with a long warranty from Nelly and they were great about getting it exchange for another at first and then one the second camera they sent also got water inside they gave me the money back including the bracket which i would not need anymore since i had no choice but to change brand names.
I have not done any more research on these cameras but as far as i know there is not solution, I even sealed all the places where i thought water would come in but to no good results.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
No way to solve it, I had to change brand and go with a no name chinese brand, which has worked out decently but here is the weird part about these cameras and setup, I have the same exact camera with the same bracket right next to one of the ones who got water in them and that one camera has shown no symptom of any water getting in. So it's a real shame that such excellent camera has that one particular problem and no one seems to know the answer to the problem. I was lucky enough that i bought it with a long warranty from Nelly and they were great about getting it exchange for another at first and then one the second camera they sent also got water inside they gave me the money back including the bracket which i would not need anymore since i had no choice but to change brand names.
I have not done any more research on these cameras but as far as i know there is not solution, I even sealed all the places where i thought water would come in but to no good results.
What is the model you replaced them with?
I really like the price/quality of this Hikvision PTZ camera.

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the model you replaced them with?
I really like the price/quality of this Hikvision PTZ camera.
I am sure we if are allowed to send a link or not if we are not please moderators delete the reply.
Here is a link to the one I am currently using, it's not a bad camera, my biggest issue with this camera is the night vision is not as good as the Hikvision but daytime picture is as good is if not better. I really like the Hikvision to the point that i bought 3 additional cameras from Amazon from different vendors and with their own brackets each to test them out but every one of them eventually within 1 week or 2 got water in them. It was crazy.

Jidetech - PTZ POE 5MP Security IP Camera Mini Dome Surveillance H.265 Camera Waterproof IR Night Vision Support 4X Optical Zoom

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.