DS-2DF1-57A Speed Dome FIRMWARE

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there,

Anyone got, or know where I can get the latest firmware for a DS-2DF1-57A PTZ?
I have searched the Hikvision euro site and cant find it anywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alastair for providing that link, I was able to successfully unbrick the ptz using the firmware provided :D
Thank you again!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the main reason I hesitate to buy Dahua cameras. Dahua doesn't post their firmware publicly like Hikvision does!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the main reason I hesitate to buy Dahua cameras. Dahua doesn't post their firmware publicly like Hikvision does!
This is the main reason I dont buy Hikvision.. Never see a "Bricked my Dahua" tread, cant say that for Hikvision cameras.. 2-3 new threads a week crying about failed updates..

Come to think of it none of my Dahua cameras even needed a firmware update, they came out of the box with all the promised functionality working fine.. so updating provides almost no benefit for the risk.. Yeah I dont have a half dozen broken ways to save video on the network, but the options I do have work perfectly fine.

Nobody is updating (and bricking) there Dahua cameras just because they can.. and they dont do stupid shit like Region locking cameras.. If I do ever need to update my Dahua cameras I will be 99% certain it will be a success, because I obtained the firmware directly from a distributer and it hasn't been hacked to work in my native language.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, my only Dahua cameras have been PTZs and all four of them had problems that would warrant new firmware. The first two were unable to take a 192.168.0.x IP address. I manged to get updated firmware on those, and and then the absolute positioning API, which I heavily rely on, wasn't reliable. Finally I got another round of updates which fixed them up and now they behave nicely. That round actually came from Dahua back when their tech support still provided firmware when you asked. My next two had other problems. One is terribly unresponsive while encoding 30fps video. I had to dial it back to 15 FPS to work around that. The other encodes video just slightly funky so that most players can only decode the i-frames if there is not a lot of motion in the scene. I've tried for over a year to find firmware for that one, but can't because it is a Chinese national secret or something.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive got the issue with 30fps making the BlackFace PTZ controls extremely laggy, but that seems to indicate the hardware is not up to the task.. never expected a firmware update to fix what the hardware cant handle, but for my purposes 15fps is all I needed so even if a firmware update fixed that problem I would never apply it.

I bought all my cameras except one from an authorized US reseller, and they have provided me with firmware files.. I just have never needed to use them.. my fixed cameras have been performing perfectly, cant complain about them in the least...

Any problems I have with my Dahua Mini-Pan/Tilt are due to the fact it is a sub-$200 PTZ and no firmware is going to make it perform like my $600 black face PTZ.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. The expensive PTZs are very nice when they are working properly. Unfortunately, 3 of my 4 were purchased on ebay from people on the cam-it and ipcamtalk forums and neither has been able to provide me with firmware.

raptor1418

n3wb
Reaction score
nayer considering what you said about the hik firmware I am looking to replace hik bullet with a PTZ. Tired of the hacks I have had to do with the firmware to get NFS recording working correctly and now I either have a crazy paranoid neighbor calling the cops once a week on figments of her imagination or there is really some issue and would love for a PTZ to start catching some of it. Care to share what PTZ camera you are using and who you bought it from?